American men :)

13»

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    I fell for an American boy. And married him. I'm originally from the UK.

The Australian accent gives me chills too...
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    The guy I am currently dating is from Spain - he has the sexiest accent. And for some reason he loves my "American" accent - whatever that is?? lol
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    i think my husband likes that i am mixed pacific islander and caucasian/ persian. he said he likes that i look "exotic". i like american men myself. also, when he is around his family his southern (country) accent comes out and i think i is HOT!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    i have a thing for accents too.

i'm from South Africa and mediteranean European men...yummy! (Italians, Spaniards, unarrogant - French)

:love: :love:

there are unarrogant French?

they are rare creatures!
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    If he sounds like Matthew McConnaghey(sp?) I get weak kneed!
  • MattTheWaterRat
    MattTheWaterRat Posts: 167 Member
    This reminded me that I haven't slept with a caucasian girl in a few years.

Don't hate my own race, just don't like bee-atches.
  • Layla52783
    Layla52783 Posts: 1 Member
    I am a unique mix of Persian and Polish. I've never dated the same type of man twice (coincidence). I have dates a small rainbows of colors/ethnicity. I don't think it matters where someone is from, though personally I have found Americans to have a different thought on family in comparison with my international friends and I.

I have the uncanny ability to mimic different accents and people love them. Yes, there are accents that are sexy, most of my friends come from other countries anyway. I guess the only thing I would say is that I do not prefer redheads, rednecks and uneducated/ignorant people to date.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,412 Member
    Just like Baskin Robbins, I'd be fine with a different flavor every day of the month. :happy:
  • Lotusstarr
    Lotusstarr Posts: 112 Member
    I was once married to an Eastern European guy (Serbia) loved his accent... we're still great friends.. I do agree though, American's tend to not be as close with their families. I never noticed it until he pointed it out to me. So strange that we don't find as much of a close family knit as they do in other countries. To a point I've noticed foreign mothers will travel here to actually help with up to the first six months of taking care of grands. In this country we get maybe what a month of maternity leave??? I don't have children so I'm not sure, and don't bet on getting any time off for the father. It's very do and get it done type of attitude.

That being said, I hate ignorance, I grew up in the South East of US and can't stand the "Southern" accent. I was also a military brat so I traveled a bit growing up mostly California and Florida. I'm now with a guy from Minnesota. I grin every time I hear the ya sure, you betcha's coming out or the ever long ooooo's.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Have to admit, my first soul-crushing love was a handsome guy from Chicago, I like em tall, roman-featured, dark and AMERICAN <3

Edit to say I'm English, haha.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I suspect most American guys are just thankful when a girl shows up.
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 573 Member
    This Aussie loves an American accent :love:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Me and a friend were discussing whether American men have a preference to where their girl is from.. I know it is odd.. but because we both prefer American guys.. we were wondering what preferences you have? or any fantasy of girl? European, Asian.. etc etc ... thoughts ??
    no offense intended in this.. just curiosity :)

My BF had a girlfriend from Ireland when he was 19. He actually moved over there to be with her, but came back when they split up. I know a lot of Coast Guard guys have ended up married to Brits or South African women. But I think it's just more a matter of proximity to them than that they prefer them.

Most American men I know don't necessarily have a preference of nationality. They fall for who they're attracted to and the women could be from pretty much anywhere.
  • Brits, Aussies, and Latinas... :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :love: