What's your favorite motivational saying/quote?

Options

Replies

• mirandamcdonald
    mirandamcdonald Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish." <3
  • JudeGilford
    JudeGilford Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    So funny to find this. I just posted as my status:

"The choices I make today determines the rest of my life."
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
    The Buddha
  • topsykretes
    Options
    I almost forgot John Wooden:

"Individuals win games; teams win championships."

"The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching."

“Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful.”
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites:

All things work together for the good of those that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose.

It's a Bible quote that reminds me that no matter how bad things look, it will turn out to be for my good. I've been through some hard times, but God blessed me through those situations. Joseph's jealous brothers sold him into slavery, he was taken to Egypt where he became like a president of the nation and helped the nations of the world during a famine. He saw his brothers during this time and told them that what they did they meant for evil, but God meant it for good.

Wondeful! Best one yet! Thank you..............:flowerforyou:
  • cpsoroff
    cpsoroff Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just Do It is also one of my favorite quotes. When it is 6 in the morning or 6 in the evening and I don't feel like doing it (exercise) I say to myself Just Do It! It will be done with in a hour. This works for me!
  • dalh
    dalh Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    These are some of my favourite motivational workout quotes:

If you still look cute at the end of your workout you didn't train hard enough

YOU control what your body looks like

The thing about reaching your goal weight is that it is 100% possible. It's completely in your control. The only thing stopping you from getting there is you. So get out of the way

A year from now you'll wish you had started today

No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch!

You'll get a lot more compliments from working out than from sleeping in

It takes 4 weeks to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends and 12 weeks for the rest of the world. Give it 12 weeks. Don't quit
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. :smile:

My very favorite as I drew strength from this while having an emergency c-section.
  • Jenada79
    Jenada79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Self pity will destroy relationships, it'll destroy anything that's good, it will fulfill all the prophecies it makes and leave only itself. And it's so simple to imagine that one is hard done by, and that things are unfair, and that one is underappreciated, and that if only one had had a chance at this, only one had had a chance at that, things would have gone better, you would be happier if only this, that one is unlucky. All those things. And some of them may well even be true. But, to pity oneself as a result of them is to do oneself an enormous disservice. Stephen Fry
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Don't be a pu$$y
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    "you miss 100% of the shots you never take" Wayne Gretzky NOT Michael Jordan

"What you get by achieving your goals isn't as important as what you become by achieving your goals."

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. " Maya Angelou
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    There's always a can in a can't! Xxx
  • bo4lax
    bo4lax Posts: 21
    Options
    Food is not a reward. You are not a dog.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Train because you love your body, not because you hate it.
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    ‎"Greatness is upon you, you better act like it."
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    "the door to success is labelled PUSH"

"footsteps on the sands of time were not made by standing still"
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
  • ForeverChasingTheSunsets
    Options
    Pain is only temporary. :o)
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    see my ticker :-) remind myself of that everytime I feel like giving up.

And when I'm running/cycling I love "No matter how slow you're going you're still lapping those on the couch"

There are loads of new ones on here I'm going to use though!!! Especially "push yourself not the bike"!! xx
  • CarmenLynn75
    CarmenLynn75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If you only do, what you've only done, you'll only get what you've only ever got.

If you don't play to win- why the hell are you keeping score?