Motivation?

Options
Where do you guys pull up the motivation to exercise? About three months back I was doing just fine with my exercise, but now all I can do is mope and say I'll run. I don't know what happened, and I'm having trouble getting back into it. :T

Replies

• sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I will admit to having a hard time getting motivated to do much exercise during the week now that I'm back in the classroom teaching. Weekends I have to remind myself it's okay to stop exercising. I can't get enough on weekends. Weekdays though, I can't talk myself into doing a thing.
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    I have exercise in the morning, or it just won't happen. I get everything ready the night before then just roll outa bed lol.. i pretty much just tell myself I have to do it. there is no thinking about it or other options.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Don't think about it. Just do it.
  • theladysarah
    theladysarah Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    just go to the gym! Even when I can't be bothered I can't not do it when I a there......plus you get a rightous feeling afterwards!
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yep - I've had motivation problems also. I've discovered that once I get out there and start my workout, I start feeling really good about it and myself. Try your best to start a workout, the rest will likely follow.
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Where do you guys pull up the motivation to exercise? About three months back I was doing just fine with my exercise, but now all I can do is mope and say I'll run. I don't know what happened, and I'm having trouble getting back into it. :T

i feel your pain...
    thanks to your post hope i too can get motivation and get back at it!
    good luck to you
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have exercise in the morning, or it just won't happen. I get everything ready the night before then just roll outa bed lol.. i pretty much just tell myself I have to do it. there is no thinking about it or other options.

good way to look at it
  • ktags1988
    Options
    if i'm lacking the motivation, i like to come read some success stories from the forum and then i think, yep - no pain, no gain.
  • Ella_Bee
    Options
    I recently came across a new thing to help with my motivation - I saw my work ID photo from Nov 2008 where I was a Size 8 (Australia). It's now on my fridge.

Reading the Success Stories from here are great inspiration too, everyone has done amazing work :-)
  • GetFitCarly
    Options
    Motivation for me comes a lot from pictures. Whether its of myself or motivational pictures on Instagram or Tumblr most of the time it works to help me get off my bum :p Havent been in the last 3 days though :(
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    there are days i'm ready to go and there are days i have to drag myself to do. no simple answer or piece of advice.
  • mathera26
    mathera26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    if i'm lacking the motivation, i like to come read some success stories from the forum and then i think, yep - no pain, no gain.

Well said. Also, exercise is a product of habit. The more you do, the more you want. But if you let yourself slide, it is a slippery slope.