I Challenge You to Do This Today.

Options
This morning, I did something I have never done before. I have insecurities about my body, so this was a major step and a major feat for me. I challenge you to do the same today.

I stood in front of my mirror completely nude. I studied myself: I flexed my muscles, touched my skin, looked at my curves. I watched how my crazy, curly hair falls down my back. I experienced what my skin feel like on another person's hands. I looked at my scars, stretch marks, tan lines, and other "imperfections." I strutted away from my mirror smirking. Why? I just taught myself that I may not be "perfect"; but damn, I'm beautiful.

I challenge you to stand in front of a mirror, nude. No sucking it in, no posing. Just...stand there. Study every inch of yourself. Touch your body, flex your muscles, look at yourself from every angle. Realize how unique, how beautiful, how amazing you are. No one is you, and you are no one else. You are special and beautiful in your own way.

My challenge to you is this: Look at yourself in the mirror, and then post on this topic how you feel afterward.

Replies

• Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Bump.

I tried it I still dont feel beautiful. I guess some people just have and others like me dont. :-/
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Why didn't you feel beautiful? I'm curious.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Never gonna happen!
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I try to do this exercise every morning. Some days I feel beautiful, some I feel indifferent, and some downright disgusted. Most of the time I am shocked to see my body because I never thought I could be this small again. I am only halfway to my goal, but I can accept my body now and I am not ashamed of my size or shape.

I've worked extremely hard for 7 months to look the way I do, and I know I will only get better from here.
  • ezzziii_candoit
    Options
    I cannot even look myself in the mirror with clothes on without feeling absolute hate towards everything i see! So nah, not going to happen.

However, congrats on feeling so confident about yourself!
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i love this and have practiced it myself - though not as amoursly as you, perhaps. I'll give it some more practice!
  • slshaw23
    slshaw23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm different I do this every day because I know I'm gorgeous lol
  • natuhlay
    natuhlay Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Haha I love this! :D
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

:drinker:
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Why didn't you feel beautiful? I'm curious.

I dont know. Maybe because fat has never been attractive to me.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror regularly and see everything. I see my imperfections and the parts of me that I want to continue working on improving, but lately I've started to like what I'm seeing as well. I've never thought of myself as all that attractive, but after losing all this weight and getting in shape I do think I look good. Not perfect by an stretch of the imagination or even fully where I want to get to, but no longer ashamed of my appearance either.
  • bebifal
    bebifal Posts: 98
    Options
    I wish I could do this but it will just make me hate my body even more than I already do. It's hard to see the positives through all the things you don't like
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I kind of do this every day before taking a shower. I never think of my current body as beautiful, but I can see a glimmer of what it can become, and damn, THAT's hot.

It's the blubber and the lack of muscle (well, not a total lack, but not as much as I want). Which is okay, because I have the ability to change that! I don't mind the stretch marks or the odd scar here and there. And although it'd be nice if my legs were longer, they are not ego-crushingly bad, so yeah, I'm good :) Just gotta keep working out and eating right.

Never been a fan of shoving positive words/thoughts down my throat. I'm all for acknowledging the bad WITHOUT letting it demotivate you.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i did it.

some days i look in the mirror and see all the faults, and some days i see noting but beauty.. today was the second kind.

i didn't do it naked (it's cold here!!) but in a tight singlet and track pants. i looked front on, i looked side on, i rolled down my trakkies to get a look at my belly. i thought back to august when i bought the track pants and they were just the tiniest bit too stretched across the hips, and i wondered whether i should go try on the next size down today. i poked my belly out and thought about how i used to pass for a pregnant lady (i'm pudgy at the sides, but i really do carry my fat out front). i admired my upper arms, which no longer look like a couple of hams pressed against my sides. i noticed that my wrists are quite skinny.

i smiled.