Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Best NSV of the year!

Today, I completed my first 5k race ever! I was able to run some of it, but walked the majority. In November of 2010, I was at my heaviest weight of 319 pounds and couldn't walk more than .5 of a mile without stopping. I'm currently down about 50 pounds and am so proud of my progress. I was so excited about my accomplishment that I signed up for another 5k at the end of this month!

Replies

• taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Great job! Honestly, they get really addicting.
  • That's awesome!! I wish I had the get up and go that you do!! I'm working on it though.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    congratulations!!!!! thats awesome! WTG!
  • Great job!!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Congrats! Great accomplishment!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    great job!!
    doing my first 10km (in years) tomorrow and plan to walk / jog it.

any tips?
  • That's awesome! I've been considering signing up once I get a little further along than where I am!
  • Congts that is one of my goals to actually do a 5K fundraiser walk, I have been walking that much with a friend on a regular basis, at our own pace. Trying to do the couch to 5K running app.
  • seeashleysave
    seeashleysave Posts: 38 Member
    That's awesome!! I wish I had the get up and go that you do!! I'm working on it though.

Honestly, I always made excuses and thought I would be the only bigger girl there. I was surprised by how many people of all ages and sizes participated. You can do it! :smile:
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Excellent job! I'm still too intimidated, but would love to give that a try one of these days!
  • seeashleysave
    great job!!
    doing my first 10km (in years) tomorrow and plan to walk / jog it.

any tips?

What helped me the most was to walk going uphill and jog during the flat areas/downhill. We alternated about 1 minute of jogging and 2 minutes of walking through most of the course. Good luck! I'm sure you will do awesome!
  • jenbreeze72
    jenbreeze72 Posts: 23 Member
    Congratulations! That's an awesome accomplishment!
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    well done, and good luck with the 5k at the end of the month
  • 29forever
    29forever Posts: 59 Member
    That is awesome! I recently took up running and I have learned that runners come in all shapes and sizes. That's great!
  • seeashleysave
    Thank you all so much! I appreciate the kind words, and I can already feel myself getting motivated to start training for my next 5k!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!