Warriors in Pink... a fallen hero

Options
Our department lost an amazing woman today. She succumbed to breast cancer and it's ugly cousin mets. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month. Please, I urge you, check your self. GET CHECKED! Don't let finances get in the way - if you need assistance, contact your local health department or American Cancer Society.

Salut to my friend Joy; a loving wife, mother, grandmother, friend, confidant, x-ray technologist, and scrabble professional! Joy always knew WHICH erotica to waste your time with! Hugs to her high school sweetheart and husband Randy. Joy will be missed.

Always remembered, never forgotten, salut to all the warriors who are facing, fighting, beating, and refusing to give up until their day is due!

Replies

• DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My sincere condolences for your loss.
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss.
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    :heart:
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    so sorry =(
    breast cancer runs in my family, my dad's aunt died from it....
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    *hugs*
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, hugs to you and her family. Breast cancer is certainly nothing to take lightly. Runs in my family too, so you bet I take it seriously.

• dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Breast Cancer and mets has invaded our family for the last 11 years and it's not a fun journey. Luckily, my sister is still fighting the battle and doing a pretty good job at it right now, so we appreciate every day we have with her. Again, I am sorry for your loss.
  • karynspeace
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Breast Cancer and mets has invaded our family for the last 11 years and it's not a fun journey. Luckily, my sister is still fighting the battle and doing a pretty good job at it right now, so we appreciate every day we have with her. Again, I am sorry for your loss.
    Thank you all for the kindness. Let this post stand in recognition of all the warriors standing and fallen!
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Thoughts are with you and her family...
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Thanks for the reminder too.