Can you "make up" for it the next day?

Options
Today I felt really sick, and then I had to go to work ,so I couldn't hit the gym. :(
Can I make up for it by doubling my exercise tomorrow?
Does the same thing apply for eating?
Say today I eat 1400 calories can I eat 1,000 tomorrow to even out to 1200?
Or is it just a day missed and I have to deal with it?

Replies

• kaylalryan
    kaylalryan Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Well... you should NEVER eat less than 1200 calories... so please don't do that! ;-)

I would say try hard to stay around your calories... if you go over one day, work out a little harder the next. It really all evens out!
  • mlovebug
    Options
    Well... you should NEVER eat less than 1200 calories... so please don't do that! ;-)

I would say try hard to stay around your calories... if you go over one day, work out a little harder the next. It really all evens out!

Perfect, thank you. :)
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Well if you look at your exercise tab that shows your totals, it has daily/weekly totals for actual and goal minutes. Just FYI...
  • butterflyfaerie
    butterflyfaerie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have in the past made up for the next day when it comes to eating. I went out this evening, and had a little more after I got home as I'd had a very long train journey, so to make up for it tomorrow I plan on being as careful as possible.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I had about 8 kabillion calories tonight for dinner. Ok, Maybe 8000 cals. I would have to NOT eat for 25 days straight to make up for tonight. HAHAHAHAHA. DOn't worry about it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. It all averages out over the long term. Don't kill yourself with exercise tomorrow or starve yourself over the next few days. Tomorrow is it's own, separate, new day. Treat it as such.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Agree with DavPul.

Imo, if it's not a tummy thing & you have an appetite, you should eat at maintenance til you're better. Your body needs energy to fight the bug :)