Wisdom teeth out 2 days ago: craving protein!

Options
As the topic says: I got my wisdom teeth out a couple of days ago and I'm getting sick of having sugary, sweet stuff because it's about all I can manage. What are some ways to get protein and salts into me? I'm craving roast beef, steak, sausages....anything salty and meaty!

Thanks in advance :-)

Replies

• Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    whey protein shakes?
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    mix protein powder in pudding : )
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Chicken or beef broth will help with the taste part.
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    mashed potatoes and soup are great too
  • csummer8882
    csummer8882 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Make the food and throw it in a blender! Looks nasty but mmmmmm! :) Well, maybe not the too bad for you stuff but thats what I did for mine.
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    mashed potatoes or cream of chicken soup? not the healthiest options, but 2 of the "savory" foods that helped me thru my wisdom tooth extraction
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs. The more you whisk them, the softer and fluffier they'll be.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Well Greek yogurt has protein. I dk about salt on it though lol. When I had mine pulled I lived on Country Crock mashed potatoes (salty) and Jello puddings (this was before Greek yogurt was available) . But by day 2 I was eating soft solid food again. Try the potatoes..if they're not salty enough, add salted butter. But make sure you're drinking lots of water too with all that salt lol
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Chicken soup
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    As the topic says: I got my wisdom teeth out a couple of days ago and I'm getting sick of having sugary, sweet stuff because it's about all I can manage. What are some ways to get protein and salts into me? I'm craving roast beef, steak, sausages....anything salty and meaty!

I lived on shepherd's pie after my surgery. When I could start eating. OH OH! Before that, my neighbor made me a beef soup and my mother mashed at the potatoes and carrots up and shredded the meat. Oh my balls it was the most amazing thing I've ever tasted. Ever. Ever.
  • KatGalr
    KatGalr Posts: 66
    Options
    I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. All i've had is chicken broth, protein shakes, and water..
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

MEAT STICKS THAT COME IN A LITTLE CAN ARE MEATY AND SOFT AND SALTY.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with salt and pepper might be a good option.
  • Halfangel
    Options
    My doctor had me eat chicken and gravy baby food over mashed potatoes. It wasn't the best thing ever but it was better than just chick broth 3 times a day.
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    I had mine out in June and had a lot of protein shakes like this:

Cottage cheese 1/2 cup
    Protein powder 1 scoop
    Sugar free fat free pudding mix about a TBSP
    Water 1 cup
    Ice

Blend it up and it's just like a milkshake but only about 200 calories! Soooo good :)
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    How about some mac and cheese? That is soft and you wouldn't have to chew it too much.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes! Milk! if I remember right you can have anything that you don't have to chew. And remember, absolutely no straws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • jflint86
    jflint86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I ate TONS of tomato soup after I had mine removed. Lots of protein there, due to the milk content.
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    When I had my wisdom teeth out (surgically, they were double impacted) I was eating pretty much regular food within a day or two. Now when I broke my jaw that was another story. Suck it up, eat some sausage or hamburger or whatever. You won't die. Your body will thank you for some real food.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i'm with her ^^

when i had mine out i think i had vegetable soup the first night, and was back on soft notmal food the next day. make yourself some savoury mince.. doesn't really need chewing and ticks your boxes for protien and salt.