A lot about breaking plateau.. what about preventing?

Options
I've seen a lot of posts about breaking plateaus but none really [that I know of, only started posting within the last week] about preventing plateaus. Was just wondering if anyone had any tips on preventing that from happening? Do you fluctuate daily cal intake? Just wondering.

Replies

• Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    plateaus by and large I'm convinced are from people doing the same dam thing at the gym and eating routine every day. There comes a point where stasis is reached. If you do nothing different, why would the body react differently.

Eating doesn't need to change much, if your routine is in order. Hell done properly you may even need to start eating more, not less. But your exercise routine should constantly change.. Best way to prevent a plateau in results is to always be pushing for more. Faster run times, heavier weights, more reps, etc. And push for weekly progression. If you're just doing the same cardio routine daily, don't be surprised when that plateau hits in a month or 2.

To note, when I say change exercise routine, i do NOT mean every workout you do entirely different movements. Thats very silly thing to do as any proper template should be based on a few movements that you repeat on. I instead mean you further challenge the body by improving on those few movements.
  • oberpfalz
    Options
    I started walking and now I run 5 miles about 4 times a week. I eat the same calories every week but I fluctuate my daily intake. I switch it up to biking and jump rope or just running stairs. I only do dumbbells 2 times a week. There will be plateau but you just have to work through it and don't give up. Remember to burn one pound you have to burn 3500 calories.