Hello From Richmond, VA :)

Options
Hello everyone,
I just joined yesterday after a friend talked up the greatness of this site. I'm really not sure why I didn't try it sooner! I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to write here, so bear with me please...

I'm an active person already, but chasing after my two kids leads me to lose my focus in training at times. I'm hoping this site will keep me motivated, as well as keep me on track with eating better. I'm not looking to lose weight, but workout smarter and prepare myself for upcoming runs. I enjoy pickup games of volleyball and softball, but don't play on any teams. I also golf when time allows. My passion is running, though. The dirtier, the better. My upcoming events include:

Oct - Pretty Muddy (5k Obstacle Course)
Nov - Richmond Marathon
Dec - Nutzy Funn Runn (5k Road Race)
Jun 2013- Tough Mudder VA Beach (10-12 mile Obstacle Course)
Aug 2013 - Super Spartan, VA (8+ Mile Obstacle Course)

My friends and I are looking at other events to fill the gaps, with a goal of trying new runs this year and having at least one per month. I don't typically care for street races, but if they have a fun theme, I'm up for giving it a try.

I'd also like to consider myself to be a great motivator. So, I'm hoping to help cheer along some great people that might need a boost. :)

Please feel free to add me. And, have a great day!

Replies

• crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have dates of othe Spartan races on my page under inspirations if you want to check them out. The Hardcore Mud Run is another great race that they hold in State College, Pa. Many that have done a mudder, have said that it was harder than the mudder. It was pretty badass. I think I am doing the same Spartan as you in August! Let's get Jen signed on too!!!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I've been checking into the Spartan dates. Jennifer and I were just talking about it today (we know each other in real life and she's the reason I came on here!). :)) I think we're both good to go for signing up for the August Spartan. The Hardcore Mud Run sounds like something to look into. I'm not sure how much I can travel out of VA, but we'll see. :) Thanks for looking out!
  • luv4horses118
    luv4horses118 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    welcome :) I am from fort belvoir va. we just moved here a few months ago.
  • animegrl77
    Options
    Hello. =] I started this site on Tuesday because my doctor told me this site was a great place to be aware of what I'm eating and to eat more healthy. I have lost 138 lbs. since last June Now I have 58 lbs. more to go to get to my goal weight! =]
  • crazy_indeed
    Options
    I have dates of othe Spartan races on my page under inspirations if you want to check them out. The Hardcore Mud Run is another great race that they hold in State College, Pa. Many that have done a mudder, have said that it was harder than the mudder. It was pretty badass. I think I am doing the same Spartan as you in August! Let's get Jen signed on too!!!

I am in, but I think you two may kill me :grumble:
  • RunIntheMud
    Options

Eh....you know the rules. You die, I'll take your little one. I die, you take mine. Death waivers baby! :drinker:
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Hello from Rockville, MD =D
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!

Wow - awesome your list of upcoming events! My co-workers have been talking about tough mudder - I am not a huge runner but you're making me think about it!

I do find it helpful to have goals though - you are inspiring me to take it up a notch!
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    I think you should try it!! :) We were actually all trained up and ready to go last month, then got a text at midnight saying it was cancelled. That was disheartening at first, but we've taken it as an opportunity to kick up our training and be even more ready in June.

I like working out, but find that the kids' schedules allow me to get out of my workout routine too easily (too many excuses, you know?) Anwyay...these upcoming events give me something to push towards. Plus I love being able to say I did something. :)
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • sc0ttie
    sc0ttie Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello from Harrisonburg!
    :D
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    A warm welcome to my fitness pal :smile:
  • Sherylmarlee
    Options

Eh....you know the rules. You die, I'll take your little one. I die, you take mine. Death waivers baby! :drinker:

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in central VA too, and will be walking the 8k next month in memory of my aunt. My husband will be running the half-marathon. This is a pretty great site regardless of your fitness level, I think.

Good luck in the race!
  • crazy_indeed
    Options

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

We could just leave our kids with Sheryl. She does sleep until 10am, I am sure she would not mind waking up earlier :wink:
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I am in Virginia, too-just south of Richmond. Good luck to you!
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hi from the Eastern Shore (aka the middle of nowhere)! :happy:
  • Sherylmarlee
    Options

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

We could just leave our kids with Sheryl. She does sleep until 10am, I am sure she would not mind waking up earlier :wink:

As long as no Barney tapes were involved....I am game!!! Let's make it a Saturday though (my treat day), so I can feed them Auntie Anne's cinnamon sugar pretzels, DQ ice cream, a quick stop at the cupcake design shop and then home to make cakes and cookies and lick the bowls!! Don't worry, the raw eggs in the batter is a great protein source!! :)) Pick up time shall be right when the sugar high hits the roof!!!

What am I talking about? I probably got one of the most bouncing off the walls, energetic, hyper kids out there.....I am a seasoned pro.....:)
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    [/quote]

As long as no Barney tapes were involved....I am game!!! Let's make it a Saturday though (my treat day), so I can feed them Auntie Anne's cinnamon sugar pretzels, DQ ice cream, a quick stop at the cupcake design shop and then home to make cakes and cookies and lick the bowls!! Don't worry, the raw eggs in the batter is a great protein source!! :)) Pick up time shall be right when the sugar high hits the roof!!!

What am I talking about? I probably got one of the most bouncing off the walls, energetic, hyper kids out there.....I am a seasoned pro.....:)
    [/quote]

Hahaha!!!! You'd do just fine with them. I have full faith!! :)