I'm Challenging; no DARING all of you!!!!

Options
October is breast cancer awareness month. Nearly all of us know, have known a person, or worse, have suffered through this horrible disease! The "fact of the day" is this: Nearly 2% of those afflicted breast cancer are MEN! Almost 90% of men aren't diagnosed until stage 4 triple negative and by then it's too late. If you are a man and don't know how to self check for this here's a simple guide. However, at your next physical take the time to talk to your Physician about this. It's not just the "men" problems (prostate, testicular, etc..) we need to be concerned with: self check: http://breastcancer.about.com/od/types/tp/male_bse.htm

***The challenge*** Put the pink ribbon or a pink border around your profile picture in support of this who have fought or are fighting this. The survivors, I consider warriors. Those who have fought and loss are heroes to me.

Man up, Cowboy up, I DARE YOU!!! This challenge is for both men and women!

Replies

• onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to do all that fancy stuff with my pic. But I have my pink T that our marketing department designed that I'll be wearing every Friday.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    What is breast cancer? I am unaware of it.

I'm kidding. Good for you for reminding men that they are not immune to it.
  • Danayle
    Danayle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to do all that fancy stuff with my pic. But I have my pink T that our marketing department designed that I'll be wearing every Friday.

Yeah, I don't even have a profile pic, and if I did I'm not sure I would know how to do it.
  • cakelady69
    Options
    I will try to do this, or I will take a picture of myself in my shirt once it comes. My 1st 5k is the Susan Komen run at the end of this month.
  • tbrp
    tbrp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Great point! My husband's father had breast cancer, as have many of my friends. Think pink!
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Like this topic...not sure I know how to put the ribbon on my pic...help!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    that's cute because my husband bought me a pink supporting long sleeve T shirt and then at the gym, I walked to the store and bought the sweatshirt.....
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Sorry, don't know a soul that was affected by this disease...Brain cancer yes... Breast no... But, I will make a pink ribbon for the fight.
  • xoMeaghan
    xoMeaghan Posts: 175
    Options
    Challenge accepted
  • xoMeaghan
    Options
    Like this topic...not sure I know how to put the ribbon on my pic...help!

Paint =)
  • Invictus195
    Options
    made on for her :)
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    deleted post! put it in the wrong thread :)
  • xoMeaghan
    Options
    BUMP - this thread should go on til the end of October.
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I plan to have fun with this!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I up your DARE and recognize all those that have fought, are fighting or lost to all forms of Cancer.
  • Invictus195
    Options
    Taken and well played :)