Which is better and why?

Options
RyanWilson1993
RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
Going to the gym or working out at home

Replies

• destro748
    Options
    Gym for me...No distractions from the kids and since you are driving there, it forces you to stay on task. I do see lots of people lollygagging around though but that's on them.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Neither is better than the other. Whichever you will actively use, enjoy and continue is best IMO!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    have you seen the hot chicks at the gym. at home I just lay on the couch
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I rather workout at home. Why?, all the chicks with amazing bodies around me would make me feel like shi*! :laugh:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    It depends on a few things. Everybody is different. Boxing is the only reason I would hit the gym. Outside of that, for running I got the outdoors. I donot heavy lift so I just do the calisthenics at home.

I just donot like the concept of going someplace to get my workout. Its just easier for me to get up and do the workout. I have some equipment at home that I use (2x25 lb dumbells, jump rope, stationary bike thats it).

If you wanna heavy lift, I suggest hitting the gym. If you prefer treadmill over outdoor, go gym. If you like to workout in groups for classes like zumba and boxing etc, goto gym. If you prefer getting up and getting a quick workout and think you can be honest with yourself about getting a decent workout by yourself at home, go with home

tl;dr: It depends on YOU!
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I enjoy working out at home.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    outside - bike, hike, swim, paddle, surf. nothing better.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    GYM. (Because I have no exersize equipment at home)

wish I had money for a membership =[
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If I had the machines at home, I'd much rather work out there.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options

My dream is to have a home gym when I'm rich ._.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I think If you gus experience working out at home then you had better ideas.
    Nothing can be replaced by gym. Gym spirit is something that push you to cross the lims. Something you won't find at home at all.
    Even the greatest athletes try working at a gym and along with others, not alone.
    At the gym you have your partner to work together, There are coaches and experiienced athletes who increase your knowledge and find your faults. you have a fixed work out plan

Others compliment your shape and beauty and change your mood. The biggest possible inspiration .
    You are more disiplined at the gym than home. because you have to get in and out on time.

To summarize, You will never experience the same joy and progress at home as at the gym. if you buy some equipments that would be useful for some monthes but afterward....
    Save you money for nutrition and suppliments instead of machines.

Based on my own and many other gym goers.
    ragards.
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Home....people don't stare at me when I'm at home. Lol
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Home....people don't stare at me when I'm at home. Lol

Exactly! Hate when people look.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options

My dream is to have a home gym when I'm rich ._.

I just cleaned out a spare bedroom and bought a complete gym with weights on craigslist. After I'm done with paint and flooring, the entire thing will have cost me less than $300.

I'm not rich.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    Gym. For ME, i'm already there might as well put in the work.
    AT home my bed is just too close
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    outside - bike, hike, swim, paddle, surf. nothing better.

I just moved to VA beach and discovered Mt Trashmore it's great running really more like walking up and down the hills