Pray for the family of Steven Curtis Chapman

Options
as long as there have been cars, there have been accidents. This prayer request is not only for the family of SCC, but for anyone whos life has been affected by a young child being "backed over' in their own driveway. It is a tragedy and should be a warning to all to keep your todlers in sight at ALL TIMES!!

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    as long as there have been cars, there have been accidents. This prayer request is not only for the family of SCC, but for anyone whos life has been affected by a young child being "backed over' in their own driveway. It is a tragedy and should be a warning to all to keep your todlers in sight at ALL TIMES!!
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Oh my i haven't heard about this...
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Nor have I. *Gos to look, but fears what he will find*
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    ok so i just looked that up. That's horrible :cry: :brokenheart: that poor family:angry:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Oh my God! that's terrible.
    I am always paranoid when I back my truck out of the garage. I'm always screaming to my boys, "get on the grass, I can't see you! where are you?? stay there so I can see you!!" then I back out. Just for that reason.
    prayers
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Oh my God! that's terrible.
    I am always paranoid when I back my truck out of the garage. I'm always screaming to my boys, "get on the grass, I can't see you! where are you?? stay there so I can see you!!" then I back out. Just for that reason.
    prayers

its definitely worth it to check, double check, and triple check. IT was SCC teenage son who actually was driving, and his life will be changed forever for not cheking before backing :(
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    This story has broken my heart this morning, especially having met Steven through the ministry and knowing his love for his daughters. It makes it even more heartbreaking to hear this after hearing this song he wrote for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUk5SZ18WhY

(This song is even more beautiful than it was....:cry: )

God,

I know things happen for a reason....but sometimes, we just don't understand why....please be with him and his family (especially the son that was involved) through this, remind them that she is with you now, and that she will never know heartache or pain, and that she will be waiting for Steven when he gets there, forever young.

In Jesus Name,

Amen
  • jenbar
    Options
    I know I read the article. Soooooo sad. Teenagers don't think before doing things. I'm not saying he's reckless, just not as conscious as parents would be, knowing that it happens alot. Poor kid, he must feel terrible!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Sarge, this is off topic of this thread, but I just have to say, that knowing you from this site and seeing your photos, it's just so funny to me! You look like such a tough and rumble guy in your photos (tatoos and hats!) that it doesn't seem to match your personality and job titles. So deceiving!:glasses:
    The saying is definitely true, never judge a book by its cover!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Sarge, this is off topic of this thread, but I just have to say, that knowing you from this site and seeing your photos, it's just so funny to me! You look like such a tough and rumble guy in your photos (tatoos and hats!) that it doesn't seem to match your personality and job titles. So deceiving!:glasses:

:smile:

I'm a softie at heart. :wink:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I haven't even read the story and i'm crying. I can't imagine. I just can not imagine. :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
  • jenbar
    Options

:smile:

I'm a softie at heart. :wink:

I know, that's what's so amusing to me!:heart:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    As Christians, they know that she's at home with the Lord, but how heart wrenching. :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
  • spartysue
    spartysue Posts: 29
    Options
    So sad and tragic. I can't even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child. Prayers to SCC and his family!:brokenheart:
  • beautifulbay
    beautifulbay Posts: 159
    Options
    I haven't heard about this yet.. so I don't know the story...will go look it up...it sounds horrible.... thanks for the update :frown:
  • beautifulbay
    beautifulbay Posts: 159
    Options
    ....so sad.... she was only 5 yrs old :cry:
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Dear Lord help Steven Curtis Chapman and all
  • sunbug501
    sunbug501 Posts: 180
    Options
    Reading about this make my heart sink right down into my stomach and I couldn't help but just cry. I can't imagine....
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness.
    I'm reading the article as I listen to the song... Lord, give them the strength to go on.

May you rest in peace beautiful angel.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    That poor teenage boy, who has to live with this memory. She is in God's wonderful Narnia type land, with her savior. He is left yearning and agonizing for a time that is lost. Our prayers need to be with especially him.