Ladies: Workout pants?

Options
Ok, so this is awkward, but any recommendations for workout pants that don't ride up the front? Weird because it used to be all about the back wedgie, but I take a lot of dance classes and it seems like some of the workout pants I have keep creeping in the front and it's really uncomfortable and even less classy to be pulling the crotch of your pants down then it is to do the back. It's something with the seam that goes in just the wrong area. If I get regular sweat type material, they are loose enough but then get too loose and sag plus do not wick moisture. But I have some exercise pants from Old Navy and Walmart and the like that keep giving me problems. I'm looking for inexpensive, no Lulemon type. Not too tight or too baggy and wicks moisture a bit. Moves with your body without the creep. Thanks!

Replies

• eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I always do well with yoga pants. I bought my first pair at Target for about $10. Super comfortable and look good too!
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    This might sound strange, but I wear men's boxer briefs under my sweats when I run to avoid this exact problem. Ta da!
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I use Danskin, honestly. The relaxed fit usually works well without the ride. Also, make sure you're wearing underwear. No, seriously. I prefer cheap cotton ones. Any that will stay in place, though, should be good.
  • droogievesch
    Options
    This might sound strange, but I wear men's boxer briefs under my sweats when I run to avoid this exact problem. Ta da!

Awesome idea!
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I use Danskin, honestly. The relaxed fit usually works well without the ride. Also, make sure you're wearing underwear. No, seriously. I prefer cheap cotton ones. Any that will stay in place, though, should be good.

Oh, I for sure wear underwear. The seamless, full booty cover kind. I wonder if the pants that have the cotton crotch spot would not ride so much because there is a crotch space and not just a line of a seam? I have varieties of yoga type pants but I don't know if they are the right material because lots of those have the opposite problem where they get saggy after I sweat and then the crotch is too low. lol
  • KellsJourney
    KellsJourney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have no idea b/c all mine do that! I have danskin, champion, and nike and they all do it. I just make sure my shirts are long enough to cover that area, lol!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I am constantly pulling my shorts or undies out of either my butt or my crotch when I'm at the gym. So I'm no help here. And honestly I could care less about being classy at the gym. LOL
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    yoga pants......I got some on sale at title 9, REI and I think one pair at Costco, sorry don't remember the brand. I get the 3/4 length and usually look for a wider waist band and so far they seem to stay put.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I love my workout capris by Fila. The don't show sweat, wick and are comfy as all get out. They are pretty much my fave brand.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love my workout capris by Fila. The don't show sweat, wick and are comfy as all get out. They are pretty much my fave brand.
    Ditto. Except mine are Avia.
  • eljulia
    eljulia Posts: 40
    Options
    i've gotten several pairs at Target and they've been good-- i think the ones that tend to creep in the crotch are the ones that are made to hit below the waist, and then with movement they want to go above the belly and that pulls them up in the nether regions.... So i try to always get ones that sit comfortably more at waist level, and they stay put better!
  • JLD81
    JLD81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I take dance classes but my ballet classes do not have a strict dress code. I like wearing the light weight cropped sweat pant type pants. The ones I have are lighter weight (similiar to pajama pant weight), are cropped below the knee and have the tighter band at the bottom so I can raise or lower them as I want. I like these because I don't have to worry about flashing people when turning in ballet, but also am not sweating to death in long pants. For me, these are the best compromise.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i do old navy or under armor compression style capris are long pants.

ypga pants can't do *kitten* for me during a workout except leave me with a uncomfortable case of swamp *kitten*
  • smercer99
    Options
    Lululemon by far superior quality yoga pant / capri :wink:
  • 3lilangels
    3lilangels Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Comfy sweat, booty shorts or underwear whichever I feel comfortable in that day lol...
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Kohls has some good ones.
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    I have a pair of under armour spandex shorts that are fantastic. I usually wear those or a cheap pair of leggings I got from Target.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options

Ditto for me as well. I also like Lulelemon, {sp?}, and Lucy, but too expensive. So I usually put them on my bday, christmas lists.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I've been pleased with my Adidas Climalite pants. No riding up and once I get settled in my running stride, they don't ride down either. I don't remember exactly the price, but it had to be reasonable because I cannot afford the full-price name brand stuff. I ordered through Amazon is all I remember.
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    While we're on the topic off pants I'm curious as to where I can find some with pockets. Doesn't matter the type of exercise pants as long as they have pockets. Would help even more if it's under 30 dollars preferrably. Don't mean to hijack the thread I just don't know where to post this type of question.