Shortness of Breath after Exercise

Options
I did Zumba at a stretch of 3-1 hour sessions each. Previously I did it just twice weekly. Now I'm experiencing something like shortness of breath, even a day after exercise! I have to yawn to fill in my lungs. Has someone experienced anything similar?

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I have that a lot and don't think it's to do with exercise. I think it's maybe I don't breathe correctly.
  • dshgna
    dshgna Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have that a lot and don't think it's to do with exercise. I think it's maybe I don't breathe correctly.

But I've never experienced this before. Its like not hard, but so irritable....
  • flajocar
    Options
    I have this also sometimes and it's called "air hunger" , Every time you try to take a deep breath you feel like you can't breath deep enough! I asked my Dr about it and she said she gets it too, It is a form of low level stress caused by the intense exercise we are experiencing. It should go away after we get used to the change in habits. I have noticed I don't get it as often lately.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I get this too if I exercise more vigourisely than I'm used to. But if I keep going it gets better. Your lungs have to develope a new capacity. Don't worry it'll get better
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have this also sometimes and it's called "air hunger" , Every time you try to take a deep breath you feel like you can't breath deep enough! I asked my Dr about it and she said she gets it too, It is a form of low level stress caused by the intense exercise we are experiencing. It should go away after we get used to the change in habits. I have noticed I don't get it as often lately.

this is interesting!

I used to get it but I don't anymore now that I've increased the intensity and frequency of my workouts. I got it for the first time the other day after months of not having it.
  • daniellevine906
    Options
    I experienced this as well after jogging for a week. I am now convinced that jogging is an unhealthy activity that is hard on the joints, bones, and lungs and will be switching to Yoga and swift walks/hikes.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    About 10 years ago I had pneumonia and it left me with exercise-induced asthma. (which as since gone away). Do you think you might have that?