Hello!

Options
Hi,

I heard some women talk to each other about this site on my way to work the other day and thought I would have a look for myself. They were saying how much being on here had helped them and it really made me think...

I've been trying to lose weight for a while now and things were going ok, up until about a month ago when I just lost interest in trying to lose weight. But I have now realised that I am more sick of being unhappy with my weight and that losing weight is my only option. So as of today I am starting again.

I would love to make some friend to support and motivate me and I promise to do the same. I am hoping this site can keep me going as my biggest issue is that I don't feel like I have any support. I really don't talk to ANYONE about trying to lose weight. I do mention the odd thing to my boyfriend who is really supportive! But I still only tell him little bits.

Recently I have noticed that my weight has more of an effect on me...I am 25 and am at university. Unlike most of my friends, I dread nights out. Mainly because I hate getting dressed up and that's because I really don't look the way I look.

Look forward to meeting new people :)

AllyS

Replies

• Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site, don't loose heart, you'll find many supportive friends here for you, who you can talk about every aspect of your journey with. You'll also find people with similar goals to you. How much are you trying to loose?
  • LethalBeauty
    Options
    I downloaded the app on my ipod, but just kept my food diary to myself, and it didnt work out so well. So i decided that i'm going to get back on track and add some friends so that ill have more motivation. I dont talk to anyone about losing weight either, except one person (my best friend), which i am so happy for. I dread most nights out for the same reason as well, you're not alone!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site,I would like to be your friend and give you support.Feel Free and add me.
  • Celticsnowflake
    Celticsnowflake Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This site is awesome!! You'll get a great group of friends and it is motivational to come on and support them as they support you!! Plus it helps to see where you will be in 5 weeks everytime you log your day and to get your continuous days logging post!! Feel free to add me!
  • francaise3
    francaise3 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Will add you - the more the merrier! And the support is really awesome here! :)
  • AllyS500
    Options
    THANK YOU all for your messages!

Hello and welcome to the site, don't loose heart, you'll find many supportive friends here for you, who you can talk about every aspect of your journey with. You'll also find people with similar goals to you. How much are you trying to loose?

I really don't know an exact number but I'm aiming to lose about 25-30kgs as I get near my goal I'll reassess!