What's on the menu/cards today? (UK)

Options
2»

Replies

• hmparkin23
    hmparkin23 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Please post your tomato risotto recipe.

I made the most gorgeous tomato and basil risotto for dinner this evening. Started with a base of onion, celery, garlic and chilli, added the rice, then the stock little by little (a mix of stock and passata), and stirred and stirred until all the stock was gone, then finshed with some soft cheese. Finished it with shredded fresh basil and chopped olives. Heavenly, very low in fat and all for 450 calories :-)
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's a lovely sunny day today in Derby, so I enjoyed a 7.5 mile run this morning. Rather bizarre running in the light after running in the dark all week- I was starting to feel like a vampire, but it was a nice change!

Breakfast (aka snack before my run): Banana
    Brunch: Beans, sausage and an egg.
    Tea: Tacos with salad
    Snacks: Marmite on toast, and a few pieces of fruit

I managed to find some XO marmite yesterday, which was delicious slathered on a slice of toast! I'm going to attempt to make this weeks lunches today so I don't have to fuss around with them for the rest of the week, but I'm feeling really lazy after my run, so we'll see how that one goes.
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Gorgeously sunny here in Somerset - and quite warm when I wandered round the shops earlier (rove there today though cos I had to take hubby). Sunday is my rest day, so I am spending it actually resting & slobbing in front of the TV/laptop:laugh:

B: Pancakes, bacon & eggs. A real treat as we hardly ever have time to cook breakfast!
    L: just a yoghurt and some sliced turkey as I was still pretty full from brekkie LOL. The kids had sausage rolls with theirs but I'm happy to pass on such pre-packaged nastiness
    S: Gammon and potatoes of some kind and whatever veggies I can find in the fridge. Got lots of mushrooms atm, so may fry some of those up with garlic.

Snacks: just discovered Tescos sells boxes of Nakd bars at a reasonable price, so they are my new go to grab snacks. And some fruit probably. And coffee......
  • postcard32
    Options
    B- scrambled eggs and 2 slices of bacon; coffee
    L- not sure exactly; will be some type of leftovers in the fridge

Since it is chilly in Maryland today...
    D- beef stew cooked in crockpot....yum :)