Irish Restaurant

Options
I'm having lunch at an Irish restaurant with friends. This place is really good and I want to enjoy it. But, what the heck can I eat to get the most yummy bang for my caloric buck? I'm guessing Scotch Eggs are out! :devil:

Replies

• Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Hmm, maybe see if they have a smaller plate option or fish?
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Does the restaurant have a website? Most places these day s offer their nutritional info right online. You could call ahead or ask to see info when you get there.
  • lors624
    Options
    Does the restaurant have a website? Most places these day s offer their nutritional info right online. You could call ahead or ask to see info when you get there.

Unfortunately no nutritional into.
  • lors624
    Options
    Well, I ended up going with the beef stew. The stew itself, based on the ingredients I could identify, came in around 500 calories w/ 6 fat. I also had 2 slices of baguette with the smallest pat of Irish butter and 1/3 of a slice of cake (birthday celebration). My calories were just under 750 - not too horrible since I slept in and had a very small breakfast in anticipation of the lunch. It was also at a downtown restaurant so I had some parking garage stairs and a few blocks of walking to help burn off a little bit of what I ate.

Thank you for your responses.