Vegetables

Options
I am searching for vegetable snack ideas. I just read one suggestion for cucumbers soaked in vinegar. Any thoughts on that? What else would be cool? I'm fighting with girl scout cookies this week.

Replies

• tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I do celery dipped in hummus. It satisfies my urge to "dip." Just measure the hummus out ahead of time. If you do a strong flavored one, (my fave is Tribe's cracked red pepper) a tiny bit can go far!
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    Celery (or apples) and peanut butter. My go to snack!

I really want to try hummus. I hear a lot if people talk about it.
  • klybarger
    Options
    I love cucumbers with vinegar, onions and cracked pepper. Very tastey and lots of flavor. I also like grape tomatoes, with little bit of low fat italian dressing, onions and pepper - I eat that with lf cottage cheese. I'm not a fan of cottage cheese so the flavor of the tomotoes make it tolerable!
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    I love celery sticks as well. I find that it is easier to grab if I go ahead and cut up the celery into sticks and then put them in the fridge. I am right there with you with the cookies. Lots of them in my house.

Carrot sticks (or baby carrots) are also good.
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    Easiest is raw veggies like snap peas, carrots, mushrooms, pepper, cucumbers. But to jazz it up, sliced cucumber and a bit of low cal ranch or caesar dressing. Baked yam fries. Spaghetti squash with salt & pepper. Veggie omelette w/ egg whites. Hungry girl's faux fried green peppers, and onion rings are good http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=905
    Really there are a million snack ideas for veggies, depends on what type of veggie or snack you are craving lol
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I LIKE LAUGHING COW CHEESE AND WHOLE WHEAT CRACKERS OR I'M A FAN OF AVOCODOS I EAT 1/2 OF ONE FOR SNACK.
  • reptillian
    Options
    jalipeno poppers are a good one, however im not sure how good it is for diet. Why ot steamed veggy's with margrin and alittle seasoning, only 250 Cals!
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love the mini cucumbers from Costco!! I eat 2-4 everyday! Well almost everyday! I also love grape tomatoes, I eat those like popcorn!
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hummus is AWESOME!!! You really should try it!! It is really easy to make your own also.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Baked Apples
    Cut and core an apple, sprinkle with cinnamin. Bake covered for 30 minutes at 375- for the sweet tooth
    Celery and 1/3 fat cream sheet
    Clementines
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I am searching for vegetable snack ideas. I just read one suggestion for cucumbers soaked in vinegar. Any thoughts on that? What else would be cool? I'm fighting with girl scout cookies this week.

wouldnt that be a pickle? lol
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I eat Baby Carrots & Hummus a lot!! I agree with measing out the hummus before hand.
  • Kingston55
    Options
    It sounds really weird but i'm a big green bean fan and will sometimes bring a can of green beans to warm up and eat with a sprinkle of salt. i also buy big veggie trays (or chopped and bagged stuff) and separate them into little baggies when i'm making supper or something so in the morning for lunches or when i'm hungry it's easy to just grab a bag instead of having to prepare it which well all know..most of us choose not to and go for the bag of chips that's ready to go.
  • ARDALE01
    Options
    I love the frozen bags of mixed veggies, bake them with a dash of olive oil and seasoning. I also love to steam everything. Lately I've been eating baked sweet potato, quartered with a teaspoon of margarine. My sister likes to eat alot of raisins. Try to eat alot of beans too, black beans are really good for your diet.