Drivers License Weight... OK to lie?? ;-)

Options
I have to renew my license soon.... birthday coming up!
The renewal is good for another 10 years in Oregon.

My current weight on the card is way low.... LOL!!! :bigsmile: :laugh:
but I'm closer than I have been to that number in years! ....

Does everybody lie on their drivers license weight???

Come on........ Do Tell People!!! :flowerforyou: :love: :bigsmile:

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I DO I DO :blushing: no way was i gonna put 225 on my license :tongue: which i am not at now WHEWWWWWWWW lol
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I don't think i've ever changed by DL weight. It's the same as when i was 18 :-)
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I renewed mine last August and I weighed 221# and I said I was 200. Ours are good for 8 years and I know I will be less than that by then. Also , what is the cop going to do? Pull out a scale and say "M'am you really don't look like 200 you look like you may weigh more, can you just step on this scale for me?" LOL.
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get down to my driver's license weight! next time I renew I'll cheat again by 25 lbs.....its incentive!
  • ractayjon
    Options
    From my mom who was an EMT for over 20 years....
    she says dont lie on your license. She says that if you are in an accident and not able to talk (unconscious) and the emt, police etc go to your license to identify you - they need as accurate information as possible. They dont care i fyou didnt lose the last 20 pounds or first 50 pounds when they are analyzing the emergnecy situation.
    Just her thoughts on it.
  • kingnatalie
    Options
    Agreed with ractayjon - that information is to help identify you if something were to go wrong or you came up missing. A small margin or error shouldn't matter - but if you can help it be truthful.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness my state doesn't require weight to be listed.

I'd lie although the poster above me has a valid point.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    she says dont lie on your license. She says that if you are in an accident and not able to talk (unconscious) and the emt, police etc go to your license to identify you - they need as accurate information as possible. They dont care i fyou didnt lose the last 20 pounds or first 50 pounds when they are analyzing the emergnecy situation.
    Just her thoughts on it.

Agree...if they need to give you certain meds (antibiotics or pain killers for example) it's done by weight....you do not want to OD based on the fact that you fuged your weight to appear smaller. It might hurt you in the long run.
  • rlsluvr
    rlsluvr Posts: 130
    Options
    Our are valid for 5 years, I had to renew a couple years ago... I lied and put my goal weight...

another thought.... What hair color to do you put... I know alot of women (me included) color our hair and sometimes it's drastic... so if the EMT, is looking for a blonde, and now I'm brunette.... so he's looking for a blonde, while I'm dying ova here.....Oh Sheesh.. I might ahve to go back to blonde to match my license... OH and get down to 145lbs....

PRONTO!!!
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just her thoughts on it.

Agree...if they need to give you certain meds (antibiotics or pain killers for example) it's done by weight....you do not want to OD based on the fact that you fuged your weight to appear smaller. It might hurt you in the long run.

actually, you would not recieve ENOUGH meds if your weight on the DL was less than your actual weight, but i would be more worried about the correct dosing of life-saving drugs like epi. that can restart your heart. but i don't know that EMTs/etc take the time to look at your license either. it's usually an estimate in emrgncy situations
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I really can't believe that a doctor is going to prescribe medication based on someone's driver's license weight. Weight flutates too much for that to be accurate even if you told the truth the day you got the license. Plus, if a doctor was prescribing based on your lower DL weight, they would give you less medication not more. I've never heard of anyone ODing on less medication than what is required for their weight.

I too am glad that my state doesn't require weights on DL.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    when i got my license i lied about my weight to make me about 10 pounds lighter. now i weigh under what my driver's license says :happy: getting to my driver's license weight was an exciting day
  • rlsluvr
    rlsluvr Posts: 130
    Options
    I really can't believe that a doctor is going to prescribe medication based on someone's driver's license weight. Weight flutates too much for that to be accurate even if you told the truth the day you got the license. Plus, if a doctor was prescribing based on your lower DL weight, they would give you less medication not more. I've never heard of anyone ODing on less medication than what is required for their weight.

I too am glad that my state doesn't require weights on DL.

AMEN!!!! I was thinking the same thing!!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    IMHO, Weight should not be on there

If in NC ours was I'd tell the truth now but before my 90 pounds I would have "estimated"!:wink:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    They didn't even ask me if mine was correct on my DL or not (Renewed last month) - it is just 'there' like my hair color - sometimes blonde, grey, brown, red - who knows.... If they have my DL # they can get all the current medical info since the license is good for 4 years (in Ohio) the weight and everything can go weird in just a year's time so I think the license is just a generalization mostly for the police. With the way I yo-yoed over the years I would have been in there every week to change something on mine if I took it seriously. :flowerforyou:
  • VegasBaby
    VegasBaby Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My weight on my licence says that I weigh 23 pounds less than I do right now!!! :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I live in New Brunswick, where we don't have to give our weight. I'd definitely be fudging it if I did.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Woo.... good variety of responses! Thanks!!! :love: :flowerforyou:

While the medical issues are worthy of consideration, I like seeing my old number :145.
    It's not toooo far off from where I'm at now & will be sometime in the 10 years the license is good.

Now for hair color...... shucks! Quit coloring my hair years ago now so gotta go with GRAY!!! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I lied about my weight the last time I renewed my license. I was probably 10-15 pounds heavier that what I claimed. Now I'm almost 10 pounds less than what my license shows. Next year when I renew again, hopefully I'll be at my goal weight and won't feel the need to lie. :smile:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Okay my DL is a huge lie (it always has been). After losing 54 pounds, I still weigh 56 pounds more than my license says I do. :noway: I got my DL when I was 15. I weighed about (best estimate) 190 then. My DL says 160. Ten pounds lower than that is my GOAL WEIGHT. :laugh: I have never bothered to change the weight on my license (though my license has only been renewed once when I turned 21, I was not asked if I wanted to update any info. at that time...).