Made it 2 my original goal, 60lbs down *PICS*

Options
shorty35565
shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
When I first started losing weight, it wasn't a very important part of my life. My friend actually talked me into it. She wanted to lose and wanted a buddy. I think it took about a week of begging and I finally said yes. After stepping on the scale a second time to see the numbers falling, I was hooked. In the beginning, I didnt know a lot about fitness. Basically I ate low and did Turbo Jam. Now I see I wasn't eating enough, but there is nothing I can do about that now. Also I lived by the whole 'if it fits in my cals, I can eat it'. I did that about 8 months & when I started Turbo Fire, I decided to clean up my diet. I struggled with how much to eat during it too. Then I moved on the Chalean Extreme and about in the middle of the program, I found I have developed an intolerance to Gluten, so now I've gone Gluten Free. During this program, I gradually began to up my calories as I was getting closer to my goal. Eating higher has been a struggle for me at times, because I'm afraid of gaining. But I know it has to be done. It's hard to get into the eat more to weigh less mindset sometimes though. But I finally made it to my original goal of 125lbs. I've pushed back the goal to 115-120, but making it this far is an accomplishment to me. Took me about a year and a month to go from 185.2 to 125, but I did it anyways. And now fitness has become my life.
I suffer from bad body image, but I'm trying to overcome that & embrace my new self. I'm still trying to make my new self into something I can like. But for the past couple days I've been feeling good about things, so I hope this stays. And I wanted to share this, so here's my pics.
This was at my Bridal Shower in 2009. I have NO IDEA how much I weighed, but it was probably a lot
size15.png

Here's now :)
397325_509084272453633_947894160_n1.jpg

Here's a side by side of my problem area, which is my tummy. The first picture was taking a couple weeks after starting, so not right at the very beginning.
0-1.png

I still have a long way to go, but I think it's about time I celebrate how far I've come. My friends tell me this all the time, so now I'm finally doing it.

Replies

• jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Amazing. What great results. Keep up the hard work.
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    awesome job girl! You are a true inspiration! I hope I can get to my goal like you did!
  • Mubb
    Mubb Posts: 90
    Options
    Wow , you're doing an amazing job.
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on your well deserved progress :)
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    Way to go!!'

You look super good. Keep up your hard work girl.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    You look, what is the word? Oh yes INCREDIBLE! Great job!!!!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    great work! you look wonderful
  • shorty35565
    Options
    awesome job girl! You are a true inspiration! I hope I can get to my goal like you did!

Thank! You can do it :) You got this!
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Thank you so very much everyone! It means a lot to me :)
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Lookin soo good!!! Nice hourglass figure you got goin on there :) !!!!

Very Inspirational you should feel good!!! :)
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on all of your hard work and dedication =]
  • You are amazing and soo, soo glad you posted this and are feeling good-you deserve every bit of it!!
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Your hard work has certainly paid off for you! You look wonderful. I can't make myself take a picture of me and what I look like today. You are a brave soul and deserve what you have attained. You are a hero!!!!!!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your friends are right... Celebrate such an achievement!
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You've done great!!!! Thank your friend for pushing you.....
  • shorty35565
    Options
    You are amazing and soo, soo glad you posted this and are feeling good-you deserve every bit of it!!

It's a big step, trying to feel good ab myself, but it's something I need to work on. So I'm trying :) Thank u sweetie! Ur amazing too!
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    congratulations!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    fantastic
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Your hard work has certainly paid off for you! You look wonderful. I can't make myself take a picture of me and what I look like today. You are a brave soul and deserve what you have attained. You are a hero!!!!!!

Do it, take that picture. You won't regret it later when you start seeing all kinds of changes. Then u can look back & see how amazing you've done :) I didn't want to take pictures at first eeither. I didn't want to remember, but my friend told me I should, so I did and I'm happy I did now.
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    What a difference, you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!