Cheat

Options
I have been following a very strict diet lately.. Staying at 1200 calories, 135g Carbs, 140g Protein, 30g of Fat.. all this by eating very clean foods.. will it really harm my weight loss if I cheat and have lets say... 1 very yummy home made sticky bun? I just don't want to feel deprived, yet I don't want to not lose.. my weigh in is on Tuesday for a challenge that we are doing at work..

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I have been following a very strict diet lately.. Staying at 1200 calories, 135g Carbs, 140g Protein, 30g of Fat.. all this by eating very clean foods.. will it really harm my weight loss if I cheat and have lets say... 1 very yummy home made sticky bun? I just don't want to feel deprived, yet I don't want to not lose.. my weigh in is on Tuesday for a challenge that we are doing at work..

No, it won't hurt, but you can't regularly exceed your calorie max and lose weight.
  • lindsaykdesigns
    Options
    Will you feel deprived if you only eat half the sticky bun? Or a quarter?
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    as long as it wont lead to a binge later on then i'd say its safe.
  • menyeca71
    Options
    I was planning on not going over my caloric intake, but again. it's not a clean food.. so wasn't sure how that would work.. and yes I would feel deprived LOLOL.. I want the WHOLE THING!!! :laugh:
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    fyi if youre not morbidly obese 1200 cals is way too low for you and you can most definitely 'afford' that sticky bun considering your body is probably at a 1000+ calorie deficit as it is.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    In the scheme of things the daily calories are an overall guide, it is never going to be *exactly* correct. An indulgence now and then is not a bad thing IMO, especially if not doing so makes you feel deproved
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I was planning on not going over my caloric intake, but again. it's not a clean food.. so wasn't sure how that would work.. and yes I would feel deprived LOLOL.. I want the WHOLE THING!!! :laugh:

Eat it!

If you lose 0.9 instead of 1.0, it will be worth it, but if you're not going to go over your calories, I doubt if that small infraction of your macros 1 time will make a diff in your weight loss.
  • lindsaykdesigns
    Options
    Well, then just eat it, especially if you haven't had a single cheat on your diet so far!!
  • menyeca71
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am going to eat the whole thing and enjoy every mouth watering bite! I think Sunday's should be a cheat day !
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You might actually find it too sweet. Often if I eat clean no sugar for a good amount of time and when I indulge in something sweet, I find it too sweet. If I end up eating the whole thing sometimes I feel sick. Not sick that I ate it but really sick to my stomach because it was too sweet.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Find out the calorie content of the sticky bun, log the entire thing. Devour it. Then go for a walk and widen up that calorie margin a bit ;-) OR you could have half of it now, and half later today! or tomorrow, whatever!

ETA: Successful changes are about not telling yourself no to every single thing that looks questionable. Eating what you want in moderation, with your eye on the calories and keeping yourself busy thru the day will keep that calorie margin nice n spacious. A treat now and then won't hurt a thing. You've got to live a little :-)
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

I took a sneaky peek at your diary, and most days you under eat, so go with the sticky bun...but eat half and feel good about your control!!!