Drivers License Weight... OK to lie?? ;-)

Options

Replies

• borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ive had a part-time job as a cashier. You would not believe how much people lie about their weight. I had people that I know are a lot bigger than me say that they weigh 115 or 120. Ive also had people that were in the 200's have 130 on their DL. If its within 10 pounds that's ok but 50 pounds difference is a lot!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Thankfully in my state weight is not on the license. They did ask when I renewed though, but said it doesn't go on the license. I lied because there was a hottie within ear shot. The lady gave me a look that said, ":noway: 120!?! do I look like I'm stupid to you?" :laugh:

As far as in an emergency, I never thought of that. I know that my medical info is on file at both of the major hospitals in the area, so I always figured thats where they'd get what they needed if they needed it. I think I will get one of those medical alert cards to put in my wallet with my license. Good point.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    haha this post made me chuckle. I lie by about 5 lbs but not more. just to make myself look a bit better. I guess that probably doesn't hurt medical wise either.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I can't wait to change my weight on my drivers license for my birthday! I should be at my goal weight by then.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I lied but the lady told me to! I gave my weight and laughed and said, 'But it might not be there in a few months since I'm already down quite a bit....'

She's like, "What's your USUAL weight?" I told her, and she put it in. So my driver's license says I'm smaller than I am. Ah well, I'll get there!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    You guys have your weight on your licence? That sucks...
  • MFR1974
    Options
    depending on how expensive it is...why couldn't we just get a new license when get to our goal weight? I think our state fee is about $15...I realize others are probably more expensive.
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    I have 150 on my driver's license. I'm about 160 right now so it's not really that much of a difference. And people think I'm lying when I tell them I'm 160! (People always guess that I'm lighter.) So it's okay. Besides, I'll be down to 150 soon enough!!! :wink:
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My DL weight is under by about 30lbs right now but it used to be more. I think as a women if you get to or close to the 200's it doesn't really matter if it says 200 or 235 people (Emts, ER docs) still have a decent idea.
    I have to renew my license this year, MN expires on our B-days.--Maybe it's the same everywhere. I really hope to be at or below my DL weight and be able to change it to a little less! Even then I'll probably still lie by 10 lbs! :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand the point of lying on your DL. My state doesn't ask for weight, but if it did, I can't really think of a reason to lie.

Break it down, how often do YOU look at your weight on your DL (other than now because you were reminded), do you really care what your DL says about your weight?

I mean, I really don't care either way, if you want to lie, go for it. I'm just trying to figure out the reasoning. It CAN'T be because it makes you feel better, that just doesn't register in my brain, why would putting down a fake weight on your DL make you feel better?

Explain this concept please.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand the point of lying on your DL. My state doesn't ask for weight, but if it did, I can't really think of a reason to lie.
    <snip>

Explain this concept please.

When I was 15 (and getting my DL) I was extremely self conscious and insecure about my weight (still am). So, the scenario is that a stranger at the DMV asks me my weight in front of dozens of other DMV customers.
    Yeah -- I lied. But not by a hugely obvious amount. At the time, I weighed about 30 pounds more than I said, but I've always been a stocky muscular girl so it would be easy to convince someone I weighed a good bit less than I really did.
    The reason for the lie would be because I was (am) embarassed about my weight.
    My reasons for being embarassed are really all about insecurity and societal pressures & whatever.

Not the best reason, but nonetheless.
  • workingitout
    workingitout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    As far as why people would lie about it, I just moved from a state that did not show the weight on the DL to a state that does show it. I'm embarassed at Target and Walmart and everywhere else when I pay with credit card and they ask for my DL. I feel like it's an invasion of privacy for those checkers to have access to such private info as my weight. I don't mind them verifying my ID, and that was great when I lived in a state with no weight on the license, but now I hate it each time they ask to see it. It's personal!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    but now I hate it each time they ask to see it. It's personal!

As someone who used to wait tables & serve alcohol & who has carded thousands of people (yes, I was the b**** at the restaurant who carded you even though you're 40. :laugh: ) -- I NEVER bothered to look at an ID long enough to look at someone's weight.

As for the person earlier in this thread who said she's a cashier and she DOES look at people's weight -- :noway: Your job is to is either verify their name (if they're paying by check/credit/debit) or verify their DOB (if they're buying alcohol/tobacco). Why would you even waste your time looking for their weight on the ID? Sure, it just takes a second, but those seconds add up.

Now, as I posted above, I did lie on my license 10 years ago. I recognize the reason is because I'm insecure and I do think it's silly of me. In reality, whether my license says I weigh 215 or 160, the person looking at my ID can still see that I'm fat! :laugh:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Banks, sometimes I wish I could be a guy for these reasons. It seems to be a girl thing, ya know?

We lie about our weight and our age! Not all women, of course, but it is a stereotype that many of us play into.

I didn't understand it untill I reached 29. Then I realized that I shall be 29 as long as I can pass for it. I never understood lying about weight until I started gaining weight. At first it was wishful thinking. (You are somewhat familiar with my weight situation) I never really believed I could struggle with weight. Now, its shear humiliation.

I realize that people can see me, but there is something psychological about not having that number etched in stone anywhere but on my MFP profile or my medical record. Those two places are safe for me, but my government identity..... not so safe.

I recognise that it is really petty and like Jib pointed out, they can still see me. It really is insecurity.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Whoops, I meant to put UD-but then again...everyone on here is so helpful that they bash what I said. Oh well, people just can't seem to grasp that we're human and make mistakes.
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    As a former EMT, I have never once looked at a patient's driver's license. One, I'm not sticking my hands in your pockets. There could be needles in there. Two, EMT's get accused of theft all the time. No way am I touching your wallet. Three, EVERYONE lies on their license anyway, so we assume that the listed weight is incorrect. When you spend all day picking people up on stretchers, you learn how to estimate weight very quickly, and when in doubt, you go with a lower dose. You can always increase it later if need be.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    mine says tons of fun

jk, I dont need to have a weight on mine in Pa lol
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Also, when I tended bar, I looked at the license long enough to see the birthdate and verify that the picture matched the person. I didn't care one bit about any other info on the license.

If it makes you happy to have a lower weight on the license, there's really not a real-world consequence to lying about it.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Banks, sometimes I wish I could be a guy for these reasons. It seems to be a girl thing, ya know?

We lie about our weight and our age! Not all women, of course, but it is a stereotype that many of us play into.

I didn't understand it untill I reached 29. Then I realized that I shall be 29 as long as I can pass for it. I never understood lying about weight until I started gaining weight. At first it was wishful thinking. (You are somewhat familiar with my weight situation) I never really believed I could struggle with weight. Now, its shear humiliation.

I realize that people can see me, but there is something psychological about not having that number etched in stone anywhere but on my MFP profile or my medical record. Those two places are safe for me, but my government identity..... not so safe.

I recognise that it is really petty and like Jib pointed out, they can still see me. It really is insecurity.

OK I guess, I still don't see why it matters though. Women, you are enigmas wrapped in riddles.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options

OK I guess, I still don't see why it matters though. Women, you are enigmas wrapped in riddles.

Yeah we are. I don't even get myself half the time.:laugh: