Souppppp!!

Options
Since the weather is getting chilly, any low calorie soup recipes???? I have a few I would be willing to share!

nicolemilillo.com

Replies

• onlyrobey1
    onlyrobey1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just made chicken and dumplings, that's pretty low fat...if you don't eat the dumplings. Low fat ham and potato and Hungry Girls yumbo gumbo. I've been feeling like soup/stew. I'll be happy to share anything. Does anyone have a low cal split pea or navy bean soup?
  • NancyG55
    Options
    I found this website with lots of yummy, easy to make low cal soups! You might want to check it out and see if there are any you are interested in!

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/recipe_slideshows/30_minute_low_calorie_soups
  • jikkenkekka
    Options
    I love this recipe for cream of turkey and wild rice soup: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/cream_of_turkey_wild_rice_soup.html

Except no one in my family eats mushrooms and my brother's not too fond of celery either, so I leave those out and normally use onions instead of shallots. Actually, I *love* onions so I use a cup of them. I usually don't use an entire half cup of sour cream, either. This is sounding less and less like the recipe I linked to, haha. But I think this soup would be great with all manner of things thrown in there--I could see this being lovely with some peas added, or maybe some spinach. The way I make it (and have added it to my recipes here on MFP), one heaping bowlful of this comes out to about 311 calories, and it definitely fills me up--especially with a dinner roll or side salad.

I usually halve this recipe, but my brother and I looooove this leek soup: http://www.food.com/recipe/purresuppe-leek-soup-425383 The first time we made it I was a little unsure about the egg yolk, since I'm not really a fan of eggs, but it makes the soup deliciously creamy and now I wouldn't do without it.

Does anyone have any recipes for a low(ish?) calorie chicken enchilada soup?
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Oh i've never made bean soup, but I love it and would love the recipe because I don't really eat meat so I love soups full of protein, I usually make a vegetable noodle soup or just a minestrone vegetable soup with kale, spinach and root vegetables. Really low cal
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    mmm lentil soup. When I make french onion soup, I go all out.

The secret to a good soup is making your own stock.
    I used chicken backs to make my chicken stock, works well in the crock pot!
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian borschdt is low cal and tasty
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Most soup is low calorie, low fat, with the exception of the noodle and cream ones. I don't really use recipes for soup, as I have been making soup for years. Just make a stock (with boullion, broth, etc, or boil some chicken in water. Add onions, celery, then start adding things in the fridge you need to use up, such as left over veggies, that half eaten pint of white rice from the Chinese takeout, maybe a potato or two, beans, etc. That's the best soup IMO.

With Thanksgiving coming up, I will be making soup with the leftovers and I always save a bone from a ham to make ham-n-bean soup.

Good stuff!