I'm new!

Options
Hi everyone~!
I'm new and really trying to get back into shape. My friend invited me to this site and I thank her. Hopefully I can stay on track this way. Has anyone had really good results with this?

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 3 days new as well. I am obsessed already!
  • Duga
    Duga Posts: 6
    Options
    I have only been here a week but I already love it. It helps because you have someone to ask questions and get answers from.
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It's hard at first, but if you stick with it, you will definitely see results.

I have a list of things I do just not to allow myself to feel deprived. Its the only way I've been able to do it.

Good Luck!!!
  • goldelocks
    goldelocks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love it so far! It really keeps me focused on what I eat and how much I eat.
  • sallyah13
    sallyah13 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    There is something about seeing the numbers in myfitnesspal that kept me motivated. I never wanted to see a day that went over my alotted number of calories! It can be quite addicting! I would even log my exercise before I did it because when I added all my food it was of course over since I knew I would gain exercise calories, which in the long run made me do the exercise I would put in. Really unless you completely ignore what it tells you, you cannot go wrong by counting calories and keeping track of your exercising!
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Hope you have fun with this site!
  • Mkettler
    Options
    I joined in January and I have lost 10 pounds so far. I really had no idea how many calories I was eating in one day. By religiously logging my food, no exercise, I lost weight. I can only imagine how many calories a day I used to eat. SCARY! I am very close to my maintenance weight, and I will continue to log my food to ensure I do not rebound to a heavier me again! Good luck with your goals!
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    I've had great results on this site! Well wishes to you on your journey to health!
  • bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Lost 7 lbs so far...seems to be working for me if I stay focused, count calories diligently and try to get some workouts in! Good luck to you!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Hi everyone~!
    I'm new and really trying to get back into shape. My friend invited me to this site and I thank her. Hopefully I can stay on track this way. Has anyone had really good results with this?

Welcome aboard! You will lovce it here.. Look at my tracker and the others who post here... The results speak for themselves!
  • LFthin
    LFthin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Accountability is awesome
  • ARDALE01
    Options
    Hi I'm new as well, LFthin introduced me. We actually started the first of this week and so far I have lost 6lbs. It's normal for me to lose 6-7lbs in a week or two and then gain it back just as quick. My weight seems to fluctuate back and forth. I hope this time I can get past the 10lbs mark. I plan to use this to help me stay focused.
  • paddymc
    paddymc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm only a month in but enjoying it so far. Keeps me thinking about what I"m eating!!! The more friends I have the more motivated I am so if you are looking for friends Im in.
  • oddballs21087
    Options
    Hope you enjoy the results you see in yourself.
    Have fun and enjoy life...
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Results? Wait 'til you see some of the members' weight loss tickers. This place rocks. :)