Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I AM going to loose over 100 lbs and run a marathon

Anyone else out there with the same goals? I would like to see if we can help support and motivate each other. Lets be friends.

Replies

• carrie0210
    carrie0210 Posts: 42 Member
    I've got big goals like that too. Feel free to add me!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Be patient, those are big goals.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    I know you will LOSE over 100 lbs and run a marathon if you want it bad enough
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    I am almost at 100 lbs but no plans on running any time soon. Good luck
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    My goal is 100+ lbs, don't know about the marathon though. You can add me if you like.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    That sounds like a beautiful goal I wouldn't mind fighting for. If you want to add me, feel free!
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Chicago Marathon 2014
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Good luck!!! I'm trying to loose between 80-100 pounds. 25 down so far. You can do it!!
  • I have run a marathon (haven't lost 100 lbs though) I'll be happy to give you a little honest, non-judgemental support ... I'm by no means an expert though, just an ordinary person who decided she needed to run a marathon to feel the achievement.
  • Yes, you will!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I have to tell ya, I LOVE your post!!

I cannot wait to see you succeed:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    There is this 5k called Color Me Rad that I keep seeing advirtised. It is in February and I am thinking I should sign up to have a goal.

Somehow the thought of coming out of that all covered in a rainbow of colors makes me smile!

Any one wanna run in Miami in February?
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    My goal is to lose 100 pounds too! Good luck!
  • MzStarrQueenB
    MzStarrQueenB Posts: 194 Member
    Anyone else out there with the same goals? I would like to see if we can help support and motivate each other. Lets be friends.

If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8987-serious-diet-support-group
  • 29forever
    29forever Posts: 59 Member
    AWESOME! I have always wanted to run a marathon. I just did my first half marathon and I am in awe of people that can run a marathon. I want to be there one day too!
  • First off, anyone can add me :)

I have a ways to go. I've lost 75lbs so far, and in 2015 ( I'll be at goal weight in june of 2013) I'll be participating in the disney run :)
  • I'm down 55 and doing a Half Marathon next Sunday. You can add me if you like. I'm flirting with the idea of doing a marathon but know I must lose more before doing it. My trainer is concerned I'm not light enough to do the Half Marathon next week. I'm not trying to win, just want to finish. I know I can do it.
  • Fantastic goal! Feel free to add me. Being an inspiration for each other is the best way to staying on track. I have a couple of goals. When I reach my goal weight I want to take trip and go to Billy Bobs in Texas. Second one is going to the Rodeo Finals in Las Vegas. My short term goals are wear a pair of my old jeans and be able to run a mile work up to 3 and run with my daughters!! Exciting ... can hardly wait to say the words.. Wanna go on a run with me? Hope all have a great week. See ya tomorrow!
  • nurselroy
    nurselroy Posts: 67 Member
    I have similar goals...I WILL lose over 100 pounds, but I'm focusing in running a 5K at this point and a 10K after that. I hate to sound negative, but I'm not sure I could do an entire marathon. Who knows, though, things can change...but I definitely wish you the best of luck on doing a marathon! You already have the determination down pat :-)
  • back2a4
    back2a4 Posts: 15 Member
    Great goals! Anyone is more than welcome to add me if they like. I have very simlar goals and am looking forward to a healthier lifestyle.