Meal plans on myfitnesspal?

Options
Earlier this year I had used CalorieKing for my weight loss journey until I heard of myfitnesspal. CalorieKing provides meal plans according to your calorie goal, and a range of meals you can pick for each meal of the day. I think it would be great if myfitnesspal had that as well, opinions?

Replies

• swingingmonkey
    swingingmonkey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think it would be
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time planning meals> So I believe that would be great to have
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just ordered the 2013 CalorieKing edition.Thanks!
  • BFarnsworth
    BFarnsworth Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yea but that takes choice out of your hands as well as it could get boring after a while. Oddly enough I find that being forced to make those choices makes me more aware of what Im taking in.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight eating normal foods and being able to be spontaneous with my meals. I'm not sure that MFP should do plans, but maybe that would be an interesting forum area.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    If it's optional, sure, some people could find it useful. But not me. I prefer being able to put together my own meals with my own choice of ingredients.

IMO, unless you're okay with following a meal plan for the rest of your life, it's better to not have a meal plan at all. They say "it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change" and they are so very right. You want to teach yourself how to eat healthy. It's a skill you will need even after you reach your goal.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    If it's optional, sure, some people could find it useful. But not me. I prefer being able to put together my own meals with my own choice of ingredients.

IMO, unless you're okay with following a meal plan for the rest of your life, it's better to not have a meal plan at all. They say "it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change" and they are so very right. You want to teach yourself how to eat healthy. It's a skill you will need even after you reach your goal.

This...over and over again. I hate being told what to do at work, so why the hell would I want to be told exactly what to eat?

Don't get me wrong, some people do very well with programs that expect robotic adherence, but it would drive me insane. If I want to eat a two pound porterhouse, I am gonna eat it, and then figure out how it factors into the rest of my day.