Polar TF4 Users

Options
Question: Do you have to wet strips under running water everytime before you train?

I got really high readings today on what should have been an below average run.

I mean my HR was 167 and Max 179!!! I upped my "range limits" to 125 - 161 I think factory setting
based on my numbers had me at 151 max range.

The very first training i did was some trails with some pretty good hills!
My average then was 144 and max 173 and at 173 i was at top of hill gasping for air!
But that first time i did pour water over the strips.

Today I took my finger and dipped in water and put on the strips.

Is drenching it the key???

This is only my 4th time using it.

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I find drenching the strips helps, although when it's not wet enough for me, or if I haven't rinsed it well enough after the last workout, it just won't read, or will give crazy high, as in heart rate in the 200's.
  • aaaanni
    aaaanni Posts: 25
    Options
    I have just bought a TF4 and used it about 5 times. Today i went for a WALK and somehow it showed a reading of 213!?! Obviously i didn't push it that hard! But i hadn't wet the strips very well, i just dabbed it with water from my drink bottle... i thought maybe it was faulty, but now i'm wondering if i just need to drench it?

Anyone else have suggestions?
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I wet mine every time and it has been pretty consistent. I think that it has to be wet in order to work right.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    drench it and clean it mega well after each use and hang up to dry :) Mine goes to the 200s if I don't wet it enough.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I've had my Polaf Ft4 since february and I have to drench mine in water (warm might I add) for it to read accurately. A little sprinkle of water just doesn't do it also you should be rinsing after every use and hanging to dry.

I only use warm water because I don't like putting a cold strap on! :D
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I really soak mine to get a clean connection to my skin
    It does need to be wet to work right =)
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters. I drench mine in water before I use it and rinse it and hang it to dry between uses.