poll #2: do you...

Options
enter your own food info in the database or use the next closest thing if it's not there?

Replies

• kellycrow
    Options
    I enter as much as I can if it is not there. I have also been known to update existing entries if they are off on the counts instead of putting in the same name w/ "correct info"... sometimes things have changed - especially if they previously had trans fats and now they don't. But I like to be as accurate as possible so I enter my own...
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    I would enter my own food. If it's not in the database, I would create an entry for it. It helps me to stay on top of my tracking and being as true as possible to my calorie intake :)
  • dkcj4fox
    Options
    I try to enter it if I know it's something I'll be eating more than just once or twice.
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I enter everything myself unless the database has EXACTLY the same thing w/ same info.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    If I have the food packaging there with me or at home, I will enter it into the database. I want my count to be as accurate as possible.
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I also enter the food in if it is not in the database...Most times I always cross reference the items if they already exist in the database with my own nutritional info, or google it! :happy:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I enter everything myself unless the database has EXACTLY the same thing w/ same info.
    Ditto :happy:
  • reach120
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of prepackaged food, so I end up going to www.nutritiondata.com and doing a recipe analysis, and then I enter it in over here.

If it is in the database, unless it matches exactly, I will enter it myself.
  • nroesler
    Options
    If I can't find something I create it....cutting corners always leads to slipping with me so I try and be as precise as possible
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of prepackaged food, so I end up going to www.nutritiondata.com and doing a recipe analysis, and then I enter it in over here.

If it is in the database, unless it matches exactly, I will enter it myself.

Same here!
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I enter 90% of my own stuff....but sometimes I will get info out of the data base ONLY if it matches the nutrition facts.