Fell of the wagon :(

Well guys I am working on week 4 of my lifestyle change and have been doing really great, but yesterday was kind of a bad day. I've been having lots of cravings lately and it's been really hard having the will power to say no. Yesterday for lunch I brought my sandwich and some chunked up fresh pineapple, which is usually enough, but I wanted chips or something so bad! So i bought a mini bag of Baked Lays and a mini bag of pretzels, figuring I'd leave the pretzels at my desk for the next day. Nope! I ate those too. I was so disappointed. Then when I got home I had a few 'Nilla Wafers before dinner, and then we had chicken tacos for dinner. We make them pretty healthy, but I used sooooo much cheese, and like double the sour cream. I knew I shouldn't have been doing it, the whole time I was prepping my taco, but that didn't stop me. Then while I was watching American Idol last night, my sister made herself some toast so I had her make me some too...with peanut butter. Better than butter I guess, but still totally unnecessary. I'm pretty bummed today. I let myself down which is a terrible feeling. I'm also going camping tomorrow through Monday morning and then a BBQ on Monday afternoon, so it's gonna be really tough. I am dreading hitting the scale on Tuesday morning, so I really have to step it up! It doesn't help that I'm PMSing, so I'm craving all this food, and on top of that I'll most likely be retaining water. Luckily when I go camping there's lots of exercise to do (tons of hills and trails!) so I'll have to keep myself active. I have to at least lose 1lb to keep the ball rolling. Wish me luck guys.

Replies

• rachieb1013
    rachieb1013 Posts: 75 Member
    Well guys I am working on week 4 of my lifestyle change and have been doing really great, but yesterday was kind of a bad day. I've been having lots of cravings lately and it's been really hard having the will power to say no. Yesterday for lunch I brought my sandwich and some chunked up fresh pineapple, which is usually enough, but I wanted chips or something so bad! So i bought a mini bag of Baked Lays and a mini bag of pretzels, figuring I'd leave the pretzels at my desk for the next day. Nope! I ate those too. I was so disappointed. Then when I got home I had a few 'Nilla Wafers before dinner, and then we had chicken tacos for dinner. We make them pretty healthy, but I used sooooo much cheese, and like double the sour cream. I knew I shouldn't have been doing it, the whole time I was prepping my taco, but that didn't stop me. Then while I was watching American Idol last night, my sister made herself some toast so I had her make me some too...with peanut butter. Better than butter I guess, but still totally unnecessary. I'm pretty bummed today. I let myself down which is a terrible feeling. I'm also going camping tomorrow through Monday morning and then a BBQ on Monday afternoon, so it's gonna be really tough. I am dreading hitting the scale on Tuesday morning, so I really have to step it up! It doesn't help that I'm PMSing, so I'm craving all this food, and on top of that I'll most likely be retaining water. Luckily when I go camping there's lots of exercise to do (tons of hills and trails!) so I'll have to keep myself active. I have to at least lose 1lb to keep the ball rolling. Wish me luck guys.
  • SHESHE2387
    SHESHE2387 Posts: 3
    Good luck! I have been off the wagon for almost 2 months now and 7.5lbs came right back on cause I stopped my daily routine. I am sure you will get right back into it! Have a great weekend camping and hit those trails and do some canoing!
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    I know how you feel...I do very well for 3 weeks and for some reason that 4th week I lose my willpower - this is the first time I have been able to get through week 4 without totally blowing it (I def cheated!!)

Don't get down on yourself - today is a new day!! Try bringing all your healthy foods for camping...I have a cookout Saturday but don't plan on eating a thing there - going to eat before I go and when I get home.

Hang in there!!

PS - Go Sox!