-30 since august 4th: My story

Options
Hello my name is Reina I'm from Puerto Rico. :)
And here is my story. (sorry about my english :$)

Since I have memory I have always being overweight. I have tried many diets, programs like Weight Watchers, Curves, nutritionist, ect… But not because I wanted to change my lifestyle or want to be healthy, it was because my mom or a family member told me so. And I was tired of hearing the same thing about my weight, so why cannot give it a chance. In 2010 I tried Weight Watchers, then weighed 220lbs. aprox. Since the last weight-in on WW (December 2010) I gained 80 lbs. in almost two years. I know how I gained those lbs. In 2010 I was freshman on College and always ate outside, snacks from the vending machines, fast food, extra large combos, sundaes, Frostys ... ect. Obviously leave Weight Watchers, I never counted the points, and always ate more. My sophomore year was the same horrendous routine. I started to drown in a depression, hating myself, my body, also my friends (cause I cannot enjoy like them because my weight), so I pulled them apart. I hated my life so much that I started self harming. I was in the dark till my friends invited me to a trip to Culebra Island (google it) this July. I went to Culebra about a week and I have a good time, but I have cried many times feeling fat around my skinny friends, feeling like crap cause I cant walk around the beach cause it was very exhausting for me. All this trip changed my life cause I decided to feel better , to be healthier, to don’t feel bad about my body, and to starting to love myself and make some changes. Immediately that I came back from the trip, I made an appointment with a nutritionist and two days later I started my new life. This time it’s completely different, because the decision was mine. I choose to be healthier, to be happy and to feel comfortable about my body. I have lost 30 lbs. since August 4th and I’m very proud of myself, I want to keep going and reach my goals. Nobody said it was easy, maybe is tough but not impossible. I want to meet people who are in this same journey to exchange our experiences and keep motivated. I will thank you so much! :heart: :love:

My fit tumblr, feel free to follow: starting-t0-love-myself.tumblr.com

Replies

• mica06
    mica06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well good job on making the decision to change. Its hard I noe I've been down that road too. But in the end it will all pay off.I still have a ways to go but I'm so motivated and determined to get there. So don't lose hope and work for what you deserve. If u need some help or motivation feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey to your new life
  • reinak3
    Options
    Thank you so much for the comment and for the motivation. :) My life has completely change and I'm proud of it. Cause since I started this journey I don't feel that sadness nor the bad feeling of being fat, cause now I know I'm working on it.
  • Kbjust4me
    Options
    Congratulations on your weightloss and your new outlook on life! Sometimes we have to hit rock bottom to start our mission to the top. Was the nutritionist visit helpful at all? I've been trying to decide if I want to go to one or not. I'm so confused on how much to eat to maintain my metabolism and lose weight the right way. Did your nutritionist help you with this type of thing?
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    @reinak3 your so beautiful and wow 30 lbs in 2 months ? That is crazy, I wish that was me. Congrats on your success.
  • DyamonDyva
    DyamonDyva Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful that you are finally doing something about your weight and health...You should be very proud of your accomplishments....Stay positive and continue doing what you are doing, you will get to Goal....Remember you are so worth it!!!!!!!!!:happy: :wink:
  • reinak3
    Options
    @Kbjust4me Thank you, and sadly it's very true, but that is like a wake up call. And yes it has been very helpful! :D She always give me different diets to work on my metabolism. And try to give me variety of food to eat and dont get bored. Maybe you should go, cause our bodies works on different ways, and she probably will find something that it will help you. :)
  • reinak3
    Options
    @Jlarson68 Thank you so much :flowerforyou: Your weight loss has been amazing! 97lbs. Congrats for you too! :bigsmile:
  • reinak3
    Options
    @DyamonDyva Thank you so much for believe in me! :blushing: :bigsmile: