Critical friends appreciated

Hello everyone!

Heavens knows, someone who makes critical comments that aren't necessary or wanted is generally a pain in the behind. However, I would actually like to have a friend that gives me their honest opinion about what I eat! Of course, nothing mean, but constructive.

Just wondering if anyone would like to be friends, I suppose. :)

Replies

• prpljellybean
    prpljellybean Posts: 68 Member
    Feel free to add me. I am looking for honest feedback as well :)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Hi! I can honestly say that I don't comment on someone's diary unless I actually open it and look at it. I don't always reference certain meals/food choices but I'm not going to say "good job" if I see you ate only chips and candy all day....hahah

Also, if I look at it and know of a lower calorie substitute or something, I will mention it.

I like to help others out and that is sharing what I have learned. I am aware that what works for me will not work for others but I love to share my experience and I try to keep in mind that everyone is different when I respond.

Feel free to add me!
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    friend me!

I have a friend who is trying to lose weight but eats whatever the hell she wants because she doesn't want to feel like she's denying herself, and doesn't do basic things like read food labels to see how many calories she's eating. and then she wonders why i'm losing weight and she's not and all i want to do is say 'duh, look at what you're eating!'

she doesn't want advice on what to eat or not to eat, as i learned when she came home with a bag of marshmallows, proclaiming them to be a good snack because they're fat free. i said 'but they're full of sugar, which your body just turns into fat' and she didn't talk to me for four days.

i'd love to have someone i could speak my mind to!!
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    also, i sense that you won't be one of those people who congratulates me for staying under my calorie goal when i have the flu and have only managed to eat 500cal all day.
  • lisalou23
    lisalou23 Posts: 11 Member
    MissSuzieQ -
    That made me laugh! I have the same friend. We have grown apart over the years but she never wanted to hear why I could lose a few lbs when I changed my eating habits and she continued to pick up fast food 4 nights a week.

As for the honest feedback - if any of you gals would like to add me and be as honest as you want I'd love some motivation, criticizing, fussing at, whatever you want to call it. I'm looking to run a 1/2 marathon in April and need to get some healthier eating habits/regular exercising in. If we're keeping each other accountable then I promise to be honest.....really honest on my board (sometimes I think if I don't log it then the calories aren't real!)

Let's all help each other? I don't mind friend requesting the OP since she specifically asked for it but I will leave the rest to your discretion. I'm still trying figuring out forum etiquette. ; )

Lisa
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Wow - I have the same friends! I don't get the feedback I'm looking for, even on the rare occasion that I ask for it. I didn't lose a pound in September and I cannot figure out if I'm eating too much or too little. I get the 'way to go's' on days I'm sick and eat 700 cals, so I know my friends aren't really checking out my diaries. I'd love to have honest friends who are sincere and helpfully critical of what I eat!
  • Aviflora
    Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
    Oh you guys are so wonderful! Thank you for the overwhelming support in this. For a bit, I thought I was alone in wanting criticism!

I do believe you have all friended me, but if not, please feel free. The more the merrier, and I'm more than happy with helping everyone else out as well. :)
  • GabbyP93
    GabbyP93 Posts: 37 Member
    I would! & I'd love for you to do the same for me! :)