Tapout XT Calories???

Options
hi started Tapout XT today great workout but my HRM decided to reset itself so now have no idea of calories burned. Any ideas on how to log this or approx cals . It was Day one cross body combat googled calories burned for this but its giving me ridiculous 1200 cals burned (although i would very much like this to be true i doubt it !!)

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    you should be able to tell from your breathing if you want an estimate. Like were you gasping for air? that be in the 85%-90%+ Heart rate. If you were sweating like crazy but still breathing fine then 75-84 zone. Take the numbers below and plug them into a calorie burned calculator from the link in the bottom.

I used your age to help give you an idea of where you would've been based on activity.

Warm Up (barely sweating)
    125-135 bpm

Fat Burn (sweating but you can sing)
    135-146 bpm

Cardio ( you are sweating like crazy but you can talk a little)
    146-156 bpm

Training ( You can't talk and you are hating life or loving it cause you are working out like a mad person)
    156-166 bpm

Hardcore ( very intense and hardcore athletes level)
    166-176 bpm

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx

I hope this helps you get a feel or a decent estimate.
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Id really like to try Tapout XT! How do you like it thus far?
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    you should be able to tell from your breathing if you want an estimate. Like were you gasping for air? that be in the 85%-90%+ Heart rate. If you were sweating like crazy but still breathing fine then 75-84 zone. Take the numbers below and plug them into a calorie burned calculator from the link in the bottom.

I used your age to help give you an idea of where you would've been based on activity.

Warm Up (barely sweating)
    125-135 bpm

Fat Burn (sweating but you can sing)
    135-146 bpm

Cardio ( you are sweating like crazy but you can talk a little)
    146-156 bpm

Training ( You can't talk and you are hating life or loving it cause you are working out like a mad person)
    156-166 bpm

Hardcore ( very intense and hardcore athletes level)
    166-176 bpm

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx

I hope this helps you get a feel or a decent estimate.
    Thanks so much that really helped estimated myself about 150 bpm gave me a cal burn of 433 thats more like i thought it would be. Great little calculator gonna keep this link for future refrence
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Id really like to try Tapout XT! How do you like it thus far?
    This was my first day was a good core workout will be better once im properly settled in and can just go through the moves without stopping to look, have had a look through the other days and looks like its gonna be a great intense workout programme. (my elbows are feeling it though after moving about in plank position on the carpet )
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Glad it helped CJ, I started using it a while back when I was having issues judging my workouts and some of the estimates seemed a little crazy for the workouts, so now after collecting a bunch of data from my Heart Monitor on myself I can get a rough estimate on which zone I'm in :)
  • bwinfrey325
    Options
    Hey Guys! I just finished my first week of TapOut. I would suggest investing in a Polar FT4 watch. They are $100 retail but you can get them for about $60 on Amazon. It tracks your heart rate and calories burned. I usually burn between 300 and 400 calories in one workout using TapOut but when i did do Plyo XT i burned over 500 calories! Love the workout :)
  • MrsAgro
    Options
    I'm on Week 11 of TapOut and I LOVE IT! I had to take some days off recently because I injured my back, but I'm sticking to it and continuing forward! I plan on starting it all over again and keep going. Hope you all love your results as well! :happy:
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cathyyeates
    cathyyeates Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started TapOut yesterday! I noticed most of these post were older can I ask how everyone has done? cjsmommy, how did you do?
  • tmoneymorin
    Options
    Hello! I am in my fifth week of TapoutXT and I've lost over ten pounds. I'm seeing results right away. Lots of healthy eating (Grilled chicken, fish, veggies) and the occasional cheat meal. No alcohol and VERY little diet cokes. It's a great workout if you stick to it. I'm also mountain biking at least an hour every day. The workouts are spaced out enough to where you won't get bored. Good luck!
  • lcymbron
    lcymbron Posts: 1
    Options
    I just finished. Tapout...I love it,,am I ripped I would say no. Do I feel fit, yes, how r u making out with it? From ur pic ur already ripped. I'm having a hard time with the lower body fat :(
  • mosse33
    mosse33 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How many calories should i eat per day on the tapout programme
    Im going to start on Monday and not right sure how to work the diet bit out
    Thanks
  • ebony_mills
    ebony_mills Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    tapout isnt on here yet is it? so how do we add our exercise? haha
  • Kminett66
    Options
    Hi it's now Feb 14 and TapOut still not listed. I just sent an email requesting it be added. How are people recording it in their exercise diary?
    Thanks
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    old, but bumping.
  • NaomiEdgell
    NaomiEdgell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im kind of laughing bc I did part of the program back in about 2015 (around the times of these comments) and it did great! But I didnt finish it.
    Now im doing it again, and I was looking to see results & to also add that its 2021 and tapout still doesn't show up on my workouts list šŸ¤£šŸ˜šŸ™ˆ