1000 calories a day will help me lose how much ?

Options
i need help calculating this..
how much weight will i lose if i eat 1000cals a day for the next 3 weeks??

Replies

• hollyroode
    Options
    1000 calories a day is way too little. But to answer your question on how to lose weight.. you need a 500 calorie a day deficit in order to lose 1 lb of fat a week. There are 3500 calories in 1 lb of fat, therefore 500 calories x 7 days = 3500 cals equaling 1 lb. So you would have to figure out about how many calories you are burning each day and then eat 500 calories less than that..... Hope that helps :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    ditto. that is insufficient fuel for an adult. unless you are 4'6" and 75 lbs, 1000 calories is too low! You won't lose, you'll go into starvation mode and your body will hang on to all your fat stores in order to get through the famine you're making it endure. not to mention you'll be starving all the time.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    The question is why would you only do this for 3 weeks? It's a lifestyle change. Educate yourself and make changes for the good permanently
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Up your calories to 1200 & then up your daily excercise!! This is not about starving yourself it is about spending the calories you are eating on excercise....
    Hollyroode explained well on how to figure it out.
  • losemomo
    losemomo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i have to do a fashion show on march 13. i need to lose at least 2 inches from my waist!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Try the shred 30 days videos...works your abs nicely with cardio...I lost 4 inches in 30 days of the workout
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    The question is why would you only do this for 3 weeks? It's a lifestyle change. Educate yourself and make changes for the good permanently

I agree. True, you have a special occasion coming up, but the chances of you being able to sustain only 1000 calories a day for three weeks are very small. This will only make you ravenous and eat more in the end. I'm sorry you only have three weeks. Maybe next time give yourself more time to lose weight. I agree with the above quote. Even if you do lose the weight you want in the upcoming three weeks, you need to change your lifestyle to keep the weight off. MFP promotes slow, healthy weight loss that you are more likely to keep the weight off! Good luck.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Up your calories to 1200 & then up your daily excercise!! This is not about starving yourself it is about spending the calories you are eating on excercise....

If you eat 1200 calories a day, and then burn 500 through exercise, if you don't eat those back, your body has to function on 700 calories. You should net at least 1200 calories / day after exercise.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    i have to do a fashion show on march 13. i need to lose at least 2 inches from my waist!

I'm sure you know that's not healthy.
  • losemomo
    losemomo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i was only notified this that day i wrote on this topic... its my responsibility to stay on track but age kicks in and i forget that i model sometimes haha dangit!!
  • dogmeat
    Options
    I'll skip preaching on the health effects of too restrictive diet since I assume that a) in your situation you wouldn't care about adverse health effects anyway and b) it's unlikely that mere 3 weeks of too low calorie intake would harm your body all that much.

1000 kcal/d diet for 3 weeks might shave off something from your waist, as long as you know that after your rapid drop is over you'll probably end up slightly heavier than you were before you started. Considering that you do modeling, ending up a bit higher probably leaves you still within normal weight.

I don't specifically endorse or support above kind of behaviour, but I doubt tips for healthy and smart weight management really matter to someone in your situation.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    i was only notified this that day i wrote on this topic... its my responsibility to stay on track but age kicks in and i forget that i model sometimes haha dangit!!

"age kicks in"....your 23...wait until your 43 and you'll see how hard it is