Weight Loss supplements (Xantrax, Rapid Burn etc)

Options
Hey everyone,

I bought Xantrax a while ago and just remembered I had it when I was the advertisements on the tv. I took one 30 mins before the gym as it instructed and burned 50 more calories than usual. I will be trying it again tomorrow to see if I get the same results.

Has anyone had success with Xantrax? Or for that matter, any of the weight loss supplements on the market?

Replies

• graemec2
    graemec2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Can I ask how you know you burned an extra 50 calories?
  • cruciia
    cruciia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    As recorded on my Suunto M2 which is normally pretty spot on.

But like I said, I am not sure if this is a one-off because of my exercise on this particular day or because it was affected by the Xantrax.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    It contains caffeine.

Anyway, anything will increase performance by that amount if you believe in it.
  • cruciia
    Options
    I just didn't think it would really make much difference, then again I did go out and buy it haha. Maybe it is all in the mind as you say.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Caffeine raises metabolic rate very slightly as already said above.

50 calories really isn't a lot.
  • pmcco
    pmcco Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    all those supps seem to do for me is make me jittery.... and my job is so stressfull the last thing I need is something that raises my blood pressure.... so I stay away from them myself.
  • graemec2
    Options
    Can you give some more details of your workout stats?

ie
    Time
    Distance
    Average HR

and how it varied compared to normal.
  • cruciia
    Options
    I know 50 calories isn't a lot at all, but I'm just surprised it worked. I guess I'm used to things like this just being hype.

@pmcco: I agree, I was definitely full of energy and jittery after my workout, very strange feeling.
  • kinrsa
    kinrsa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I take a Hydroxycut tablet on weekday mornings before I cycle 15km up a mountain to work. It's the same caffeine as 2 cups of coffee & since I don't drink coffee it wakes me up enough that I don't want to crawl back into bed.

I have clocked substantially faster cycling times since I've been on it (52 - 55 minutes is the new average; it was 65 - 70 minutes), but there are so many other variables- traffic, my acclimation to a new level of fitness, etc. that I hesitate to give much credit to the pill. Heck, it could just be that I'm cycling faster because I'm more awake.

You and I both know not to look for a magic pill, but if it helps your workouts & you don't have any side effects, rock that extra 5 minutes you're able to work out.
  • cruciia
    Options
    Can you give some more details of your workout stats?

ie
    Time
    Distance
    Average HR

and how it varied compared to normal.

My Suunto is in my car so I can't bring up stats at the moment. Well, I would say that my heart rate was higher than usual. I do know it registered a new highest heart rate. The time is the same for every workout at Curves 45 minutes, and it's a circuit. My average heart rate was in the 160-170's somewhere, I've always had a high heart rate. The only other difference I would say was the 50 calories extra burned. Which, like Hendrix7 said, isn't a great amount.
  • cruciia
    Options
    Well said kinrsa! Love your pic btw.
  • graemec2
    Options
    I think you need to be a little bit careful about just lying on your HRM to determine your energy expenditure.

Rember that although there is a correlation between heart rate and your bodies energy output it is not a causal relationship(at least not in both directions)

For example if someone were to torture you for 10minutes your HR may well go through the roof but your probabbly wouldn't burn as many calories than if you went for a run.

So just because your HR is up and your HRM is reporting more calrories it may not be case.

Will be interested to hear what your results are after you have been taking it for a period of time.
  • cruciia
    Options
    Do you mean relying? I understand that there is definitely no accurate way or determine calories burned etc.
  • graemec2
    Options
    Sorry, yes meant relying. Wasn't trying to say you were a liar!
  • GomesDavid
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I bought Xantrax a while ago and just remembered I had it when I was the advertisements on the tv. I took one 30 mins before the gym as it instructed and burned 50 more calories than usual. I will be trying it again tomorrow to see if I get the same results.

Has anyone had success with Xantrax? Or for that matter, any of the weight loss supplements on the market?

Hi,

Don't choose u r product blindly dear.... as we know there are ample of products available in the market so the ques arises how we choose this is gud or that is bad?? I suggest u will at least once go through with the reviews of those products it might help u in selecting the best one...U said u brought up xantrax...as ironsmasher said it contains caffeine and it might affect u r health...A friend of mine suggested me phenocal and i tell u it works for me... it works as both an energy enhancer and a fat metabolism booster. so u can atleast give a try....all ingredients are natural and helps u in achieving what u want...

Thanxs,

David.
  • cruciia
    Options
    Trust me, I've gone through the reviews on everything I buy. I'm a bit cautious in that way and never buy something unless I've looked it up. But I am very cautious in trusting reviews for these products as many are fake. That's why I came on here, to ask real people how they honest felt these products worked for them.

Although it contains caffeine I am not worried as I'm not taking six in a day as the product says, and I've cut back on my coffee-drinking to allow for the caffeine in the supplements.

Thankyou, I'll have a look at phenocal!

To anyone interested, I returned to the gym today, having taken two Xantrax half an hour before exercising. I exercised for the same amount of time and my Suunto M2 says I burned 445 calories. As the other reviewers said, this may be because of the caffeine but hey, I'll take those extra calories burned.
  • cruciia
    Options
    Haha that's okay, i read it about three times and then it clicked you meant relying. :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Actually, what I was saying was, you consumed the performance enhancing drug caffeine, which is also available in coffee, tea and soft drinks at a far lower price or risk of consuming banned substances.

For further reading http://www.jissn.com/content/7/1/7

If it's a bit much to read all of it, hit ctrl+F and you can type in the supplement you wish to read about, or ctrl+F and type Table 3 to find a quick reference break down of supplements.
  • cruciia
    Options
    It's definitely an interesting read. Table 3 was particularly informative.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Xantrax, but I have tried a variety of weight loss pills over the years. Since they took ephedra out of them, I have yet to find any that actually worked without making me feel icky.

But yeah, if it has caffeine in it, that could result in an extra 50 calories, but like another poster said, it's negligible, and you can get the same effect drinking coffee or black tea, which is much, much cheaper.