1 1/2 cup gluten free flour
2 table spoon olive oil
1 cup dark brown soft sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp coffee
100g 70% dark chocolate - melt in the microwave
1 whole egg and 1 egg white
1 tablespoon honey to glaze

Preheat oven to 375 deg Fahrenheit, 175 deg Celsius. in a bowl pour in the oil. Break in the eggs and beat with an electric beater. Add in the sugar, chocolate, coffee and beat. Add in the flour and baking powder next.

grind the carrots and zucchini in a food processor and add in to the mixture and blend.

Pour into a baking tray, i prefer a round spring-form, and chuck into the oven for 35 minutes.

When the brownie is fresh out of the over and warm, i glazed with light honey.

I hope you love it as much as I did.

Replies

• toot_bunny
    toot_bunny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ok so i'm gonna sound so dumb right now!
    i'm confused, it has veg but still has choc so can you still taste the choc??
    also, it can be done with normal plain flour instead of gluten free yeah?
    think i may do this on friday morning and share it on the 3 hour bus journey i have with my friends for our weekend away!
    also how big is the cup you're using for your measurements?
    x
  • kbubbles87
    kbubbles87 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    this sounds yummy! do you know how many calories each serving size is ??

^^ you should be able to taste the chocolate. carrots and zucinni dont really have a distinct taste. well at least i dont think they do. there arent different sizes to a cup... when referring to recipes a cup is a measurement. shes not talking about a cup you drink out of.
  • midnight333
    Options
    Will check it out thanks for sharing!
  • nisha0612
    nisha0612 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    yeah you can taste the chocolate, gives it a rich taste. yep can use regular flour as well. I am using a standard 200g cup. But i have found that you can use any cup as long as the proportions of the ingredients stay the same.

When i used the recipe builder the whole brownie came upto around 1800 calories approx... and serves around 6 to 8 people.. so not bad at all i think!