Im sure Im one of many WW online converts!

Options
Hi Everyone! Im so glad to have found this site and grateful, I was paying so much for ww online and I am pleased to see this is very similar. Is this basically the forum for newbies? Im not sure how active I will be in the community as I work a lot but I hope to make some new friends. Im a 27 year old mom of 3 and over 200lbs. I really need to take control of my health and body.

Replies

• Suzyqall72
    Options
    Hi there.

I agree that WW online is expensive, and really doesn't do anything more for you than this site. I thought there would be quizzes and updated info all the time at WW, and really after a certain number of weeks, it stopped. This is a great site, and everyone is very supportive.
  • Psychicgoth1989
    Options
    Hi,

I have also just transfered over from using the WW online system. As I am a helper there, I don't have to pay, and this seems far more useful for a free system! Anything to get me into my wedding dress in April anyway...!

xxx
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I did WW years ago and now I'm here I think MFP is so much better. For some reason I think it makes you more accountable for what goes in your mouth. Plus it's free and you get a whole world of support at your fingertips.
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    never transferred over from WW. i read about this in a magazine a couple years ago and tried it. stopped doing it and a month ago started again. it's a great site. you'll find people who think it's for fitness webiste and you'll find people who are struggling to lose weight who are very supportive.
  • NatashaE36
    NatashaE36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also left WW! It just did not work for me and cost too much money! I am enjoying the support I get on this site and counting calories is so much easiere than counting points! I love this!!
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yep i'd agree, it fact i have 40lbs of reasons to agree!
  • sschmidt928
    sschmidt928 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love hearing this... sometimes it feels like I'm the only person in the world who DIDN'T have success with WW. Not that it's not a great program - I'm not here to WW bash as it has helped a lot of people in my life lose the weight. For some reason it never worked for me and I felt like a big failure.
    Here, I am much happier... and it's FREE! My trainer recommended it and I trust her implicitly when it comes to this stuff so I know it's a solid site.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    welcome! i tried WW in the past too and guess what...i lost maybe 5 lbs total in the 3 months i did it! MFP is MUCH better i have lost 12 lbs in 4 weeks!
  • jb55mee
    jb55mee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm a WW convert (although my subscription doesn't stop until early December!). My main positive is that you can scan labels with the MFP app which means when making recipes from scratch it is so easy to calculate individual portions sizes after wards. Good luck with your journey :flowerforyou:
  • TeresaOH1
    TeresaOH1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love hearing this... sometimes it feels like I'm the only person in the world who DIDN'T have success with WW. Not that it's not a great program - I'm not here to WW bash as it has helped a lot of people in my life lose the weight. For some reason it never worked for me and I felt like a big failure.
    Here, I am much happier... and it's FREE! My trainer recommended it and I trust her implicitly when it comes to this stuff so I know it's a solid site.

I think that WW (meetings) is awesome with the face to face. But when you are busy with work and LIFE, it can be hard. I like how this is available 24/7 and the people here are just as friendly and supportive as if you met them in person once a week!

:happy:
  • arrosa
    arrosa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a former user of WW online too. I found it didn't work well for me as I like fruit too much and on WW fruit is free. Since joining MFP I have lost around 1.5 to 2 pounds per week. Good luck with your weight loss.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I had lots of success with WW, but then found MFP which obviously saves me money. The database here is so much better as well as the app.

Best of luck to everyone!
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I think the free foods part of WW is the most dangerous as even though it's fruit & veg it all still has calories.

I had great success with the Core Plan when they had it and I think I'd still be on it if it wasn't for a major life change that contributed to my falling off the wagon. But now that I'm here I'm much happier. I feel like I have a lot more freedom in what I can eat, and somehow 1200 calories a day sounds so much more friendly than 21 points!
  • fattiebum
    fattiebum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ooh - which app do you use that scans? ive got the android version.
  • jb55mee
    jb55mee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi - the iphone4 app - amazing little tool.
  • BorgieMN
    BorgieMN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I had lots of success with WW, but then found MFP which obviously saves me money. The database here is so much better as well as the app.

Best of luck to everyone!

Same for me. I did weight watchers online for 1 year and 9 months. I lost 250 pounds on it so I can say that it works. But after being on it so long, my lifestyle has changed and I know what I need to do, so the money savings is nice.

I'm grateful fro WW and what it did for me, but time to move on.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I have lost weight on weight watchers over the years...but I've also lost a lot of money to them. I appreciate the added features of MFP ....and the cost savings!
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I did WW for a while before joining MFP last year. For some reason, I just find MFP easier to stick with. I'm guessing it's the awesome people :-) The WW boards were not NEARLY as helpful as the MFP boards for me.
  • kas2113
    kas2113 Posts: 24
    Options
    I am a WW online convert too. I did have success on WW. I lost 50 lbs. But then I lost my motivation with WW. I think the community support here is better. Good luck and feel free to add me for extra support.
  • psychicmedium26
    Options
    Wow! Im already getting a ton of feedback on this one post! I love it here already! Thanks everyone for the encouragement and huge welcome!