Could I be at goal and not know it?

I have been kicking around the same 1 1/2 pounds for the past month. I go up and down and stay between 137 and 138.5. My original goal was 139 and then I changed it to 136 because I did a body fat percentage calculation and figured out that 136 would be right based on my lean muscle mass at the time. I have already met my body fat percentage goal. Am I just beating myself up and getting stressed about hitting a number on the scale? I am happy with my clothing size and the way I look (except for all of the loose skin from losing almost 100 pounds).

I'm 5'6" and wear a 4-6 depending on the brand.

How did you know that you were "done"? Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    if you are at your bodyfat goal, what are you planning to lose to lose more weight!?

the number on the scale is not important! its how you feel that counts!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,923 Member
    I was done when I felt comfortable. I was happy with how I looked. I'm smaller than I have ever been in my adult life. I figure it's good...I'm 5'11 and I weight 147, my SW was 190. At this point, I'll still keep tracking so I know I'm getting the right amount of macros, start lifting heavy and keep up my healthy lifestyle. I hope to maintain my weight and never go above 155 again!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    If you've hit your BF percentage goal that is way more important than any number on the scale. Congratulations!!
  • It's normal to fluctuate by a couple pounds, especially once you're near your goal weight. I fluctuate between 117 and 120, and i feel totally comfortable with that. Are you weighing every day? Because then you really notice the fluctuations and it's not fair to yourself to beat yourself up over them. If you feel good at the weight you're at then just keep eating right and exercising and, who knows, along the way you may lose those last couple pounds.