Small Achievement....huge for me!

Options
I have been trying to pluck up the courage to post my small success story for a couple of weeks. I’m always wowed by the amazing successes of other posters who have often lost >100 lbs! My loss is relatively small in comparison at 10lbs - this took me a whole 6 months, but the cms lost have been the biggest achievement for me.

I was recently on holiday in France and for the first time in my whole life, was not ashamed of how I looked on the beach. I can honestly say that I am happy with how I look, and I have never felt that way before. It is an amazing feeling. Now for maintenance ;-)

December 2011

spgkk6.jpg

Sept 2012

dcuazo.jpg

Replies

• Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Well done you!
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a small NSV! Congrats on feeling better about yourself :)

You are beautiful in your first picture and in your second, you're both beautiful AND healthier!
  • donnas144
    donnas144 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    wow! what a change ten pounds makes for you! ive lost 16lbs and i can feel the difference but no one has conr tomnented. but i have half a stone to go. you really can see a big difference. i thi snk it looks like it was the last pounds for u and they are always the hardest
  • donnas144
    donnas144 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    so big well done!
  • BattyMac87
    BattyMac87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    wow! what a change ten pounds makes for you! ive lost 16lbs and i can feel the difference but no one has conr tomnented. but i have half a stone to go. you really can see a big difference. i thi snk it looks like it was the last pounds for u and they are always the hardest

Mostly people have not noticed the change in me either, it's mostly just myself, in the end that's the most important opinion ;-)
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    You look great well done
  • fitblondebaker22
    Options
    You look amazing! Fantastic job :)
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    A more accurate way to put this would be the great reduction in your body fat percentage. While you may have only lost 10lbs, you look much more fit. Congrats & keep it up!
  • SirenLilith
    Options
    You look amazing! It seems as though 10lbs to you meant a drastic change in measurements/overall fitness. :)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • BattyMac87
    Options
    It seems as though 10lbs to you meant a drastic change in measurements/overall fitness. :)

Yeah I wish I had actually measured and taken more photos before I started. Of course....before I started I never like being photographed!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    wow your absolutely beautiful, your journey is similar to mine I have about 5 kg left to go, god another 4 months, lol Anyway you have done so well, you should be very proud ! well done xxxx
  • ullgetthere
    Options
    Weight loss is weight loss no matter what the number!! I totally understand how proud you are of your achievement!! I have lost 9.1Lbs and I am on cloud nine. Congrats!!
  • BattyMac87
    Options
    I have lost 9.1Lbs and I am on cloud nine. Congrats!!

I think you mean cloud 9.1 ;-) Congrats you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!