40/30/30 Anyone else?

Options
I just changed my goals to 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein.
Anyone else using these numbers?
I wanted to up my protein goal and these are the numbers I keep coming across on the net to use.
Thoughts?

Replies

• dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Mate you ahve 2 fairly high energy sources carbs and protein if these are in the same meal the chances that one will get stored as fat and you will have excess energy.

id be looking at 40 20 40 would be better
  • sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've gone 40% protein, and 30% carb and fat... am struggling to fit enough protein in though....
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Perixi
    Perixi Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Im trying for 40carbs 40 protien and 20 fat but its so difficult!
  • dallasfloyd
    Options
    I am doing 55 Carbs, 20 fat, and 25 protein. This was giving to me by a dietitian. Not sure exactly how she figured it but I told her what I wanted and my goals and this is what it came out to..
  • Tokkeditok
    Options
    I don't agree with adawson555 … I think you should rather cut carbs, and not fat! Carbs give you fast energy, and that's it. Fat does very important things with your body so you should definitely eat enough fat. oh and it's better for your insuline levels to not eat an excess of carbs - it will leave you more hungry than a balanced diet with lots of protein and fat.

I do think 40 30 30 is alright! I'd try 35% protein, 35% fat and 30% carbs though.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Mate you ahve 2 fairly high energy sources carbs and protein if these are in the same meal the chances that one will get stored as fat and you will have excess energy.

id be looking at 40 20 40 would be better
    lol what?
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I was recommended to me to do 40/30/30....and I am starting it today. Going to do it for 2 weeks and see my results after...
  • AntWrig
    Options
    I was recommended to me to do 40/30/30....and I am starting it today. Going to do it for 2 weeks and see my results after...
    You're going to need more than two weeks.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

It'll take more than 2 weeks for your body to adapt to this.
  • AntWrig
    Options
    I don't agree with adawson555 … I think you should rather cut carbs, and not fat! Carbs give you fast energy, and that's it. Fat does very important things with your body so you should definitely eat enough fat. oh and it's better for your insuline levels to not eat an excess of carbs - it will leave you more hungry than a balanced diet with lots of protein and fat.

I do think 40 30 30 is alright! I'd try 35% protein, 35% fat and 30% carbs though.
    Face palm.

For started no one should be using a % when calculating macros. Carbs don't just "give fast energy". You have slow AND fast digesting carbohydrates. All three macros are important to living a healthy lifestyle.
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I use 40-30-30. I'm sure this is for your sense of well-being alongside living a healthy lifestyle. Personally, if I cut carbs I am moody as hell - I need them in my diet!
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I use 40/30/30 but I really think that 40 carbs are actually high for me and I do better with a lower number. I just can't seem to get in all the fruits and veggies and oatmeal I want to eat without it being at 40 though. :ohwell:
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've switched to 40/30/30 over the last week and as much as I feel like it's a lot of carbs, it really does depend on what you eat. Mine all come from cereals, fruit, veggies, very little bread products, no pasta, no white rice etc. I don't feel all bloated and heavy with it, I feel like I've just got a good balance.

On workout days I might eat a little more, on rest days I eat a litle less, it all balances out eventually.
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

By 2 weeks, I mean just to see if I am doing okay on it or if I need to adjust anything...not to stop it..just make adjustments is all...we are all different and I am trying to see what works best with my body.
  • swolegirlcb
    Options
    This is what I use and I love it. If I were to change it, and I may in the future when I want to focus on being a little leaner and less focused on strength I would do 20f/40c/40p -- This is another popular macronutrient split as well.
  • swolegirlcb
    Options

By 2 weeks, I mean just to see if I am doing okay on it or if I need to adjust anything...not to stop it..just make adjustments is all...we are all different and I am trying to see what works best with my body.

You need more than 2 weeks. You need at LEAST 4.
  • agentphantom
    Options
    I just changed my goals to 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein.
    Anyone else using these numbers?
    I wanted to up my protein goal and these are the numbers I keep coming across on the net to use.
    Thoughts?

What are your goals? Some percentages are better than others depending on what you are trying to achieve.
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have found 40c:30f:30p to work really well for me. I used to snack all the time on empty carbs and eating more protein has helped me to get my diet better. I sometimes struggle to meet the protein goals but don't worry if it's just the odd day. I eat more calories than you but do a lot of exercise. The weight is coming off at a steady rate and I don't feel hungry or deprived.