Isagenix: ???

Options
I'm considering trying Isagenix, but I'm very, very skeptical and am looking for others who may have tried it. They claim that it is very nutritious and is really good for the body, but I'm concerned about what I could expect it I tried the program... Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks,

Replies

• SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it...but will watch the board and see what others say.
  • jjuice11
    jjuice11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I completed the 9 day cleanse last fall and had amazing results. Aside from losing 8 lbs, I also had more energy and was way more focused. Sadly, the products were too expensive for me, so I could not continue.
  • Mabuhay1
    Mabuhay1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was on it for a while. I was very energetic and I did like the Cleanse days as I felt so light.

I remember only allowed about 4? pieces of Almonds for snack. I thought that was harsh.

Lost some weight but product is expensive; so discontinued.

I think MFP is a lot better. I am only new here but I enjoyed being able to eat what I want as long as it is in smaller portion.

Cheers
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    It will certainly lighten your wallet.

Damn pyramid schemes. From their BS site:
    Welcome to Isagenix! You’re the one we’ve been waiting for! We’re thrilled that you are learning more about our remarkable company. Our systems, paired with your energy, will help you lead a healthier, more prosperous life, and will help you improve the lives of your friends and family.

Isagenix will bring out the best in you. It’s an opportunity for health, wealth and happiness. You can be your own boss, own your own business and be supported by a multi-million dollar company. You’re in business for yourself, but not by yourself. Our goals are simple; to create the healthiest people on the planet, to pay out the most in commissions, and to have FUN along the way.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I consider those kind of products to be be snake oil flim-flammery that will indeed just lighten your wallet. Placebo effect at most, with all due respect.

Trust me, I'd love a magic bullet solution as much as anyone, but it just doesn't exist...yet.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    A couple of friends of mine sold it for a while, and another friend was on it for a while. They all lost weight while on it, and all gained the weight back after stopping (because of cost - it's very expensive).

MFP is cheaper, and works better, IMHO.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Just learn how to eat properly and move more.
  • tmattis64
    Options
    it is a very good product and produces great results. I used the product (3) 30-day cleanse programs (consecutively) and lost 50 pounds about two years ago. Since the cost of the product is offset by not having to purchase groceries it isn't a bad deal. It is a good program for busy people who don't want to make the time to plan-out/prepare healthy foods and count calories.However, I agree with the other poster that MFP is a better approach. I slowly gained all the weight back since I returned to my old habits. also who wants to be on a powdered shake routine such as IsAgenix for more than a few months...Training yourself to eat healthy and dumping processed foods is a much more sustainable solution in my opinion. You could use the IsAgenix program to "jump-start" your body/detox and then follow up with a healthy diet and track your meals here.
  • kkjjll
    kkjjll Posts: 31
    Options
    i love my isagenix, feeling great!, and the cost is about the same for groceries/junk food that you don't eat!!! and no i don't sell it, just consume it... :)
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

It's nonsense.

It's pathetic when people prey on others who seriously have a problem they are trying to deal with.
    All for profit. Look for people on the forum who aren't trying to shill for a product to make money.
    You can do it with willpower and the tools set out on this site.
  • violavixen
    Options
    I like their products I think they taste great, are filling and I feel good on them....but very pricey. I keep some bars and shake packets around for a quick meal. Some days I just can't make the time to pack a lunch for the next day. At least with the bars I know I will be satisfied and I can count it fairly easily.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but want to clarify something...whether it works or not...
    It is accredited by the BBB and a member of the DSA, so could not be a pyramid scheme. Those are illegal.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    MLM are nothing more than legalized pyramid schemes. You are correct if you consider that a classical pyramid scheme is a ponzi scheme that creates wealth for the top players and Isagenix does not seem to be this. However, any organization that promises wealth to the participants (go see there home page) is using a lot of the classical marketing ploys to hook sellers into a model that is clearly an MLM structure intended to create little return to the bottom of organization.
    It is dishonest.