Need to VENT!!

Options
Ok
so I KNOW I'm not suppose to weigh myself everyday
I KNOW you shouldn't depend on the scale and the numbers....but you're suppose to judge by how your clothes fit and measure yourself yatta yatta I get that!

BUT!!!! In all fairness........I've been kicking butt for almost 2 weeks not and have only lost 1.5 pounds....YES..I KNOW... 1-2 pounds a week is HEALTHY and GREAT.............BUT YA KNOW!?!???!?!? I weigh 215 pounds.......so I don't feel like the "muscle weighs more than fat" crap applies right now....COME ON!!! 215!!! I've been working out every other day (so there's plenty of rest in between)...............I do cardio..........I do weights.........and I stay within my calorie alotment and am eating the right stuff......and i drink plenty of water.....................Wtf!?!?!?

:( Totally venting right now and I'm sorry to sound so negative but..............I am just annoyed bc I'm doing everything right........at this rate I won't get to my ideal weight until I'll, 72 years old..................not really but you know what I mean.

ok enough lol END VENT.

Replies

• vikingchix
    vikingchix Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It's okay, vent away :-)

I think we have all been where you are....work your butt off, jump on the scale anticipating a big loss...and nothing...or even worse....the scale goes UP!!! Me....I want to throw the scale across the room! LOL!

Just be sure that you are couting all of your calories it will come off....With me, I have learned that my weight seems to stick on a number, go up and down a couple of pounds for a while and then...drop.

Venting is good! Hope that today is a better day!
  • ritza4321
    Options
    Thank you!!! Yes- I felt better after I posted.....guess I just need to remember my daily dose of PATIENCE! ;) Thanks again! <3
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    We all need a good vent session sometimes :)
    You'll get there, you just need to be patient and let your body figure out all these new positive changes you're making. Keep up the hard work and you WILL be rewarded with the body you've always wanted.
  • ritza4321
    Options
    Thanks!! I appreciate it!! :):):)
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Thank you for venting!! It was great to read in the community something other than just happy success stories. I, too, am growing very frustrated. When I started on this journey about 5 months ago I quickly lost weight and thought this was going to be easy. Well, the last month or so my weight loss has slowed considerably despite the fact that my workouts have gotten significantly longer and harder and I continue to eat under my target calorie amount. However, I continue to trudge on because at the start I promised myself I would do this for one year. Specifically that I would lose on average 1 pound a week for 1 year. Thanks again!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I swear, the one thing no on ever tells you about the whole weight loss process is that it takes a TON of patience. And it's just human nature to want results NOW, especially when you're doing eveything right! You know you can do this and that you're worth it and that it'll happen - just keep repeating it to yourself and eventually it will become the truth. :)

Also, one thing you should know - when you begin to workout, increase the intensity of your workouts or try a new workout, you're likely to retain water. Pretty much any time your muscles are sore, you're retaining water as it's part of the natural healing process. Just keep that in mind for the future when you have these little delays eventhough you know you're kickking butt in the gym. When I started my weight loss, I went through the same thing. The first week I lost a couple pounds then I started working out and I flatlined for a week or two. Then BAM the weight started falling off again. So, again...patience.

You got this!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Ok
    so I KNOW I'm not suppose to weigh myself everyday
    I KNOW you shouldn't depend on the scale and the numbers....but you're suppose to judge by how your clothes fit and measure yourself yatta yatta I get that!

BUT!!!! In all fairness........I've been kicking butt for almost 2 weeks not and have only lost 1.5 pounds....YES..I KNOW... 1-2 pounds a week is HEALTHY and GREAT.............BUT YA KNOW!?!???!?!? I weigh 215 pounds.......so I don't feel like the "muscle weighs more than fat" crap applies right now....COME ON!!! 215!!! I've been working out every other day (so there's plenty of rest in between)...............I do cardio..........I do weights.........and I stay within my calorie alotment and am eating the right stuff......and i drink plenty of water.....................Wtf!?!?!?

:( Totally venting right now and I'm sorry to sound so negative but..............I am just annoyed bc I'm doing everything right........at this rate I won't get to my ideal weight until I'll, 72 years old..................not really but you know what I mean.

ok enough lol END VENT.

I'd ask for my money back. ;-)
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it. I was yo-yoing around in the same 3-5 lb range for almost three weeks before I started losing again. It was really frustrating, but you said it yourself, muscle weighs more than fat. People aren't just saying it to annoy you; consider it encouraging. You're getting stronger and stronger the more you do. Don't give up!
  • Nanook8
    Nanook8 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Vent away, BUT don't give up! Keep at it one day at a time!