Hello!

Options
Hi all,
I am a 41 year old from the UK. I've done Weightwatchers too many times to count and I am now at my heaviest ever. Think it's more psychological with me but I've made a decision today to grow up and eat properly.

The doctor recently told me I have high cholesterol and what with that and early menopause, I've been shocked into action. Hope to make a few friends on here too xx

Replies

• tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    welcome-wavy-yellow-ag1_zps8b78c57a.gif
    You have made the right step in joining MFP. It's the perfect place to be accountable and get motivated!
    Remember to take baby steps even if it means taking it day by day or meal by meal - you can do this!
    We all need support and encouragment on this journey - please feel free to add me if you like.
    Good luck on reaching your health fitness goal!
  • myhotsax
    Options
    Hello there...I signed up about a month ago but haven't used it that very much. I plan on using it more so if you want to add me I would like to try and be an encourager. Seems like we both need it. I weight 334lbs. and really need to shed this weight. I am on my way to diabetes. I have been diagnosed with Insulin Resistance, low thyroid, high blood pressure, high cholesterol. Basically, Metabolic Syndrome. I am also bi-polar which doesn't help sustaining much in the way of any will power. Good luck and will check back in soon to see how you are coming along.:smile:
  • ItsTimeDave
    ItsTimeDave Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the madhouse oO

Enjoy your time here, I have only recently joined, but have read LOTS of success stories.
    IF they can do it, maybe there is a chnce I can shift some of my weight, I wish you the best of luck on your journey, I am sure your nre MFP family will encourage and nag to help you avhieve your goal!

Feel free to add me, come to think about it anyone can add me!

:)
  • myhotsax
    Options
    How do you add someone?
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You mention eating properly but didn't mention exercise. If you really have a desire to be healthy and create a healthy lifestyle for yourself, you need to incorporate exercise. I'm not a doctor & don't know your actual health or fitness level, but I would at least suggest walking for 30 minutes a day while making changes to your diet. Don't go too crazy at first because you want to be able to sustain the changes you make and not just give up. The first thing I always do is cut out empty calorie drinks like soda or other sugary drinks. For me now, having a soda is like indulging and having a desert and I limit this to "maybe" one per week, if that. I still get to enjoy one now and then, but I stick with water, milk, and a little but not much juice (due to the high sugar...even though there are good vitamins).
  • callmeAnnie
    callmeAnnie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, Glad to meet you. I am 54 and between menopause and quitting smoking I am over weight. And, yes, I agree and I also need to eat properly and excerise. I think the more weight I gain, the more less likely I am to exercise. My friend got me to join this website and I love it.
  • blurts1980
    Options
    Hello!

I am finding MFP so helpfull! Good luck, I'm sure you will do brilliantly! I will add you as a friend.

Estelle. xx
  • callmeAnnie
    callmeAnnie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    great advice Marc. and Great results for you. I hope that I can be that strong.:smile:
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site! Personally I don't put much stock in weight watchers, especially when so many people differ from that to this site. Hopefully you'll find the support and encouragement here to help keep you motivated. Welcome and good luck!