Love Handle Debacle

Options
Hi there my biggest problem at the moment is my lovely spare Tyre im caring literally looks like a Tyre im talking about the lovely circle of fat i have around below my bellybutton and right around aka love handles and back fat, does anyone have any ideas on how i can destroy this fat and get my hips and back (back)? please im becoming slightly desperate!

Replies

• Pieater
    Options
    I've seen some really great fitness programs intended for people to start from scratch posted around the forums lately. For example, Google the Couch To 5 K and the hundred push up challenge. Any cardio workout helps reduce fat in all areas if you stick with it. It's fairly hard to direct your body to burn it from one specific area, so most people have to give their bodies no choice but to burn it all.

Good luck!
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    It's IMPOSSIBLE to direct where your body burns fat...and the worst part is the first place you put it, is usually the last place you lose it. Just keep working hard, eating right, and eventually it will shrink. Good luck!
  • dasmith01
    dasmith01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've got the same problem and only since I've turned 30 it seems! I think if we just keep doing our cardio- we'll burn the fat.... I've heard that crunches, spot exercise for the area, etc. doesn't really work until you've burned the fat first. The muscle is under there- we have to get the weight off of it first. Good luck!
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I just started the couch to 5k yesterday! I tried it once before but was too out of shape to stick with it. Now that I've been using this site and working out on a regular basic, I'm starting out at week 2 and 3 on the running. I hope I can do it this time, I too carry all my weight around my stomach, hips, and back! Good luck to everyone
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise. It's a slow process, it sucks I know! Keep it up....you can do this!
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I agree just keep on with eatting right and exercising, I am were you are and I am shrinking, on my side view I look like I lost a good amount of wieght but my front view I still look wide. I do the exercises that target certain areas because when the wieght is gone is not when you want to start toning up when you could have done it all at the same time.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitsugar.com/Lose-Belly-Fat-Intervals-2424316

Check out that Link. Or the whole website for that matter. I check in everyday to learn new tips and work out routines. Since reading that a couple weeks back I have incorporated intervals durring the end of my treadmill work outs. Heres what I do:

Run 1.5 miles at 5.5 speed
    walk for 1 minute 30 to catch my breath and stretch my legs out a bit
    Run another .5 miles at 5.5
    walk for another 1 minute 30
    I then so 45 intervals starting at a high apeed - 6.0 for 45 seconds
    up it to 6.3 for 45 seconds
    peak at 6.5 ( this is quite fast for me ha :) )
    then back down to 5.5 for 2 minutes
    repeat that cycle

I have notice my pants a little loser around the waste - but this also just may be from eating well and my total body workouts.

Good luck!

Jenna
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    i'm on week 4 of couch to 5k. and LOVING it. i can't wait to go to the gym on running days!! i've always wanted to run and now i'm reallly doin it. its amazing feeling.

anyways, even in these 4 weeks ive seen a difference in my stomach area. and i had a baby in july, so it's obviously not the most tight area on my body. but it's back to almost what it was before! the running is truely helping id say.

can't wait to be running 5k nonstop! its amazing how this program really works.