Struggling

Options
I have struggled for the last couple od months and not been on here a while.
but need to try again, so here i am

Replies

• mazzer16
    Options
    welcome back carla.. ive sent a friend request..
  • Terry_3232
    Options
    Good for you Carla! Sometimes it takes a few tries to get yourself in a frame of mind to really get motivated to accomplish your goals. Start with a small goal. Maybe join one of the challenge groups to get yourself started

I have found lots of good many motivatiional stories in these boards to keep me moving forward.

Keep struggling......you will get there.

Terry
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Carla! It can be tough to stay motivated sometimes, but hang in there.
  • kemarryat
    kemarryat Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HI Carla: Welcome back. We all have those times when it's hard to stay on track. But as the saying goes "It doesn't matter how many times you fall - just how many times you get up!" I'm going to keep repeating that today because we had a family wedding this weekend, and I indulged waaaaay too much. Good lucki! Karen
  • Ishka_girl
    Ishka_girl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me too.. all attempts to get with the program have just died on the but.. I need to get my stuff together as I have put back on what I lost...I am thinking I need to go straight to a vegetarian diet to kick start my weight loss.. It is so dissapointing. I remember when i lost 6 kg i said i would never go back to the beginning where I had to start again as it was too hard..and here I am and have yo now get over that beginning hurdle..Wish me luck...Good Luck - Join friends if you would like some support... Barb
  • BFlowers2
    Options
    Welcome back Carla! I know the feeling, I took some time off, came back, and then last week was not good and now I have to lose what I gained back! We can totally do this :)
  • Melaella
    Melaella Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI Carla,

I am in the same boat! Lost all my motivation a few weeks ago, easy to blame being up with the kids through the night and busy at work, but I think they were just that - excuses for me not being a$$ed to get off the sofa. Tried going out for runs and that but would then come back and eat chocolate!
    Have now started the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred on 2 Oct in the hope this will help sort me and my butt out! Also back on the healthy eating bandwagon.
    I will be slimmer for Christmas!!!

We know we can do this :) We just need to believe in ourselves!

Mel xx
  • tessa681
    tessa681 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! I think the majority of us have done the same thing!
    Add me for support if you'd like!

Stephanie aka Tessa
  • juliesjuke
    juliesjuke Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Carla..Isn't it great just knowing that you can come to this site for such great support? We are all here for the same reason. We all will help to encourage and support you,you are difffinetely not alone in this battle. Good luck on your journey.:wink:
    You can add me to your friends if you like.
  • christel8302012
    Options
    Me too! I have was a devote follower for months, exercising twice a day 5 days a week then fell off the wagon and am suffering... Today is the day I start fresh and actually do this! I need to eat healthier, move more and get that energy back. I wish you luck and speed on your journey as well.
  • Upsy_Daisy
    Upsy_Daisy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I can so relate you to you, in the same boat here ! Feel free fo anyone in this thread to add me as a friend and I will see if I can help.

I took a major health set back this summer. I had a spontaneous pneumothorax in June along with a 9 day stay in hospital followed by pneumonia. So I have been feeling sorry for myself and eating really badly and not really doing much excercise.

I had been the healthiest I have ever been my whole life and then life throws that at you so I guess I am having a litte protest !

Truth is I don't want to undo all the hard work I have put in over the last year or so, or have to buy new clothes again. I can handle taking it easy on the excerise front no zumba and swimming for a while. But at least I can eat better and keep active.

Im nearly convincing myself.............

Rach x
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Glad you came back, Carla:) I can sympathize with your struggle. I've spent the last three years starting diets that lasted a. Oth or less and giving up over and over. I finally made the decision to change my life, and on August 20, I started. I was thrilled to discover MFP four weeks afpgo, and have found it very helpful. Wishing you all the best! Feel free to add me as a friend, if you wish.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I have struggled for the last couple od months and not been on here a while.
    but need to try again, so here i am

Struggle all you want. Just don't quit. That's the only way you'll succeed.
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm back after a struggle, too. We can do it!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I went through a spell where I had lost 28 pounds and then gained 18 of it back. I am trying to stay on track now, but admit it can be a struggle. I have been trying to change my outlook to see the positives while still trying to be realistic with myself and not patting myself on the back so much that I slide backward again. Weekends are the hardest for me because my schedule simply isn't scheduled and I often gain back a portion of what I lost during the week, but I am still losing overall even if it is only a half pound to a pound a week. You can do this! Find friends who can support you and be honest with your tracking so you can see the results, of good and bad days, without judgment.
    (((HuG.Gs!)))