Diary of a Compulsive Overeater - Day 37

Options
ellelit
ellelit Posts: 806 Member
so yesterday went pretty well for me... i have my time of the month, so i was craving bad things in a big bad way, but i only messed up a little bit. here is how it went:

breakfast:
1.5 cups of oatmeal (increasing this to stave off hunger)
1 banana

snack:
1 yogurt
22 almonds
1/4 cup dried cranberries
mini carrots
tea with splenda

lunch:
1 cheeseburger with bacon (i know i know i know i know i know lol)
1 side of fries
2 tbsp. of curried mayo

snack:
100 cal pack of cookies
1 apple sauce

supper
250g steak
1.5 cups rice
mushroom sauce

so all in all, not a terrible day. i have cup my rice consumption in half for my steak dinner nights, and i am also slowly cutting down on the amount of steak i have. they used to be in the 300-400g range, so at least it is some progress :)

so today is another gorgeous day here on vancouver island, and i went grocery shopping last night so i am looking forward to the eating day ahead. here is the plan for today:

breakfast:
1 egg
1 tsp. becel
1 slice multigrain toast
1 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup skim milk

snack:
1 banana
1 yogurt
1 slice whole grain bread
2tbsp natural unsweetened peanut butter

lunch:
1 cup chili
1 cup rice
1 tossed salad with veggies and red peppe dressing

snack:
1 apple sauce
100 cal pack of cookies
mini carrots

snack: if hungry, 2 oz of lean ham

supper:
200g pork, stirfried with 1/4 red pepper and mushrooms
1 cup rice
steamed broccoli

snack: 1 cup milk

so hopefully today goes well. i'm working on the oatmeal as we speak, and i'm not even that hungry... but i'm going to eat it anyhow... this is the biggest breakfast i've had in a while ...i'm feeling good, feeling happy and hope today will go well!
here is to today :)

**edited to add half peanut butter sandwich**

Replies

• ellelit
    Options
    so yesterday went pretty well for me... i have my time of the month, so i was craving bad things in a big bad way, but i only messed up a little bit. here is how it went:

breakfast:
    1.5 cups of oatmeal (increasing this to stave off hunger)
    1 banana

snack:
    1 yogurt
    22 almonds
    1/4 cup dried cranberries
    mini carrots
    tea with splenda

lunch:
    1 cheeseburger with bacon (i know i know i know i know i know lol)
    1 side of fries
    2 tbsp. of curried mayo

snack:
    100 cal pack of cookies
    1 apple sauce

supper
    250g steak
    1.5 cups rice
    mushroom sauce

so all in all, not a terrible day. i have cup my rice consumption in half for my steak dinner nights, and i am also slowly cutting down on the amount of steak i have. they used to be in the 300-400g range, so at least it is some progress :)

so today is another gorgeous day here on vancouver island, and i went grocery shopping last night so i am looking forward to the eating day ahead. here is the plan for today:

breakfast:
    1 egg
    1 tsp. becel
    1 slice multigrain toast
    1 cup oatmeal
    3/4 cup skim milk

snack:
    1 banana
    1 yogurt
    1 slice whole grain bread
    2tbsp natural unsweetened peanut butter

lunch:
    1 cup chili
    1 cup rice
    1 tossed salad with veggies and red peppe dressing

snack:
    1 apple sauce
    100 cal pack of cookies
    mini carrots

snack: if hungry, 2 oz of lean ham

supper:
    200g pork, stirfried with 1/4 red pepper and mushrooms
    1 cup rice
    steamed broccoli

snack: 1 cup milk

so hopefully today goes well. i'm working on the oatmeal as we speak, and i'm not even that hungry... but i'm going to eat it anyhow... this is the biggest breakfast i've had in a while ...i'm feeling good, feeling happy and hope today will go well!
    here is to today :)

**edited to add half peanut butter sandwich**
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Good morning and good luck!

Have a great day :wink:
  • TINAL34
    TINAL34 Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow, It looks like you did very well. I am new to this website, I just started yesterday. After reading your post and seeing what you have eaten I think this has motivated me to try even harder. I really have a hard time sticking to my eating "good". I find I will eat something then realize after I ate it what I had done. Or I also find that I will overeat during the day, my friends tell me its because I eat so fast and I don't get full.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the grocery shopping. I have to go get mine, and after reading your post, I just realized I buy things that are healthy that I don't really even like just to say I shopped healthy. But the only thing that makes me do is run to the store every night to buy myself a treat because I'm starving. I guess I need to rethink my grocery lists. All that wasted food and money. Thanks hun, you just opened my eyes, and all you did was tell me that you got excited about what you bought. I am never excited over what I buy. I guess this just might be my target area!!! So I wonder what the balance will be buying yummy healthy food without buying yummy junky food. I am a very picky eater!! Time to scratch list #1 and start from scratch!!!!!
  • ellelit
    Options
    ya it's funny because i had too add some stuff to my plan to make the calories for today work. let me repeat that. i had to ADD stuff to my day to make my calories for today work. i really don't think i'm going to be hungry today, so that is exciting for me. and if i am starving when i get home i can have a little jolt of protein...
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It's terrific to see how well you have done in the last 37 days. Even though you had a burger and fries, the rest of the day you did very well! But even with the burger and fries if you're within your calories... well you know. You have come a long way since you have joined and it's so good to see the improvements you have made.... proud of you. :flowerforyou:
  • ellelit
    Options
    thanks everyone... it's funny because even though i have gained weight over the last month (about 5 pounds) and i think i am doing bad sometimes, when i look at how badly i USED to do... oh my god, it was bad... here is an example of a typical day from a month ago:

breakfast:

Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long): 105 cal.
    Pancakes - Plain, 2 pancake (6" dia) 299 cal.
    Butter - Salted, 4 tbsp 407 cal.
    Syrups - Table blends, pancake, 0.75 cup 551 cal.
    Bread - White 1.5 slice 100 cal.
    Eggs - Scrambled (whole egg), 2 large 203 cal.
    Bacon - Bacon, 2.5 strip 125 cal.
    Home Fries, Seasoned, 1 cup 268 cal.

total for breakfast: 2058 calories. holy crap, what have i done.

snacks:

prsident's choice - unsweetened apple sauce, 1 container 50 cal.
    Wasa - Sourdough Rye Crispbread, 3 slice 105 cal.

total snacks: 155 cal.

supper:

dairy queen - ultimate burger, 1 serving(s) 580 cal.
    Dairy Queen- Original Chicken Sandwich, 1 sandwich 660 cal.
    Dairy Queen - French Fries, 1 serving(s) 550 cal.
    Dairy Queen® - Small Blizzard, 5 oz, 280 cal.
    Brown Gravy, 2 oz, 200 cal.

total for supper, a staggering 2270 calories

this wasn't even my usual BAD day. this day would be AVERAGE!!... add a trip to mcd's to this and some pizza and that would be what i used to consider a bad day. yes, there have definitely been changes :)