need help in the motivation department...

Options
hey all! how do you stick with your goals?

Replies

• nateliming
    nateliming Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Never quit lol jk. Here's what the deal is look at what you have to look forward to what the outcome will be. It is different for each and every person. For example: comments from people, getting into something that you could never do before, girlfriend/boyfriend, husband/wife, etc.

EDIT: My personal reason is getting into the police academy.
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    I stick to them by thinking how good i am going to look for this upcoming summer.
    What heads i might turn.
    The clothes that are so cute that i want to fit into.
    What people will think when they see me.
    How good i will feel!

It makes me rethink what i am doing.

And then i just think hmm. Summer 2013! (:
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I've lost and gained numerous times in my adult life and as a teenager, but I'm on the downhill run to 50 and I know it will be even harder the next time, plus both my parents had health issues related to being overweight, and I don't want to go thru that myself. Besides, I like my skinny clothes a lot more than my fat clothes.
  • karbhat
    karbhat Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I keep in mind the kind of person I want to be. I don't think losing weight is just about will-power or looking good. It's about how you treat yourself and how you feel about who you are.
  • Laurab2125
    Laurab2125 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Motivation can be such a tricky, elusive thing and it's different for everyone.

I thrive on a couple of things:
    -- accountability and a community ... I'm far less likely to go off the wagon if I know other people are checking in on me
    -- competition ... what can I say? I'm a competitive person... with this kind of thing, though, it's mostly with myself
    -- numbers/quantitative progress ... when I can put things in numbers (cal in/out/burned and weight/inches lost), I do SO much better (which would explain why I made my way here).

If you're looking for more friends to encourage, feel free to add me!
  • lalipoon
    lalipoon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    my daughter's wedding is in January so I want 30 lbs off by the beginning of Dec so I can fit into a smaller dress. I have lost 17 lbs and 12" total since June 30th. Pick an event that you want to have a certain amount of wt off by. Pick a clothing size you want to get down to - those work for me. Also allow yourself to choose to eat more occasionally - that will keep it sustainable.
  • sdobratz
    Options
    thank you! of course my personal goal is not as defined as yours (definite thumbs up!), but thank you for giving me a bit of perspective!
  • sdobratz
    Options
    thanks so much for your reply! i feel the same way---i compete with myself, challenge myself, but this past year i've done nothing but argue with myself...looking to change that!