Trying To Get 8 Glasses H2O...Any Suggestions?

Options

Replies

• thicknastyy
    Options
    I add a little bit if lemon or lime juice to give it done flavor without tasting to sweet. I then make it a game. 1 glass per hour. My strategy: "Can I beat the clock"?
  • Cokamo
    Cokamo Posts: 51
    Options
    I start my morning w/a 16oz glass. From there, the water cravings take over and I have another 16 oz before lunch, one w/lunch w/a flavor packet and at least one more 16oz glass before 4...I usually have another 2-3 glasses at home in the evening. If i miss that glass to start my day, I find I don't get enough water in. For some reason, it makes me want water the rest of the day.

I allow myself tea or diet coke w/my dinner and I have a couple cups of coffee in the morning also. I spend a lot of time in the bathroom, but I'm hydrated!!
  • xxPEANUTxx
    Options
    I have a big bottle (holds 3 cups), I fill that up and usually can drink it before 10-12.
    I fill it up again at school during lunch and that will usually last till I get home and then I fill again
    and by the time I go to bed I had at least 9 cups of water sometimes 12
    I think the bigger the bottle the more it forces me to drink water. I have tried it with water bottles (2 cups) and it just wasn't the same.
    It works for me and I use to never get my 8 cups of water in.

Good luck!
  • brenda4life
    brenda4life Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a 22 oz water bottle. The first thing I do each morning is drink all 22 oz. After that I time it out. I have to drink another 22 oz by noon (which is usually easy because I take my bottle to the gym with me), another 22 oz by 4pm, and the last 22 oz between 4 pm and bedtime. I couldn't do it without my water bottle. If I forget to take it with me to the gym or work it messes up my intake for the day.

If drinking water is just too blah for you (it is for my husband) He puts puts a 1/4 of a cup of juice in a glass then fills the rest of the glass with water.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    It may sound crazy, but I drink mine in a cup with a straw. I drink more that way. On ice and in an insulated cup.
    ^This!!

I found 33oz water bottles with straws in Wal Mart for $4. I keep it with me all day. Especially sitting at my desk at work I drink 2-3 of those a day. Not including what I drink when I get home. I also leave one at work now because if I forget the bottle I tend not to drink as much. It takes a little while to get used to but you'll get used to it.
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The eight 8-ounce glass of water thing is a myth. Drink when you're not thirsty and include plenty of fruits and veggies in your diet. You'll get enough water.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-3991145.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20620753
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Crystal Light Pomegranate Cherry.
  • thicknastyy
    Options
    I add a little bit if lemon or lime juice to give it done flavor without tasting to sweet. I then make it a game. 1 glass per hour. My strategy: "Can I beat the clock"?
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I always have a 32oz (1 L) Nalgene bottle with me. At work, at home, carry it with me.

It's way easier to get in your water when it's always within reach.
  • SlvrFlame
    SlvrFlame Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use MiO and club soda a lot to get my own water down. I've found if I add a bit of the tangerine orange MiO to club soda it tastes like orange soda. :)

I don't use Crystal Light a lot but I also have cold brew tea sitting on my desk at work for when I want something with flavor (Twinings Green tea & mint is yummy).
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I bought a bigger water jug, I was using a workout water bottle that only help 16 ounces (2 glasses)...I got a bigger one at a sports store and it holds 3 1/2- 4 glasses of water, It helps me drink more and I drink it a little faster so the water doesn't get warm on me and my ice doesn't melt :)
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    I like to have some tea with liquid sucralose and 1T light cream (depending on the type of tea)- usually 2 big 16 oz cups a day (sometimes 3) and that covers a good deal of my water. I drink a lot of seltzer as well (no sugar or cals, just bubbly water).
  • CarmenLynn75
    CarmenLynn75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My water bottle never leaves my side- whether I go outside, for a drive, a walk or I'm sittin on my rump it's right there filled and with lemon juice usually added for flavor as well as to cleanse. I use crystal light in moderation too.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I put down those last 2 glasses in a protein shake every day...that way it doesn't seem like water. lol
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I drink mine in a large water jug. It holdes 3 servings... and I down it that way. Of course... I've grown to love water, so it's a little easier for me. :drinker:

It does become easier when you drink enough of it. You start loving it. At least that was my finding. :wink:
  • Cassondra6608
    Options
    It may sound crazy, but I drink mine in a cup with a straw. I drink more that way. On ice and in an insulated cup.

This! I have a 32oz insulated cup that I got at Walmart or something and I drink out of it all day at work. I will usualy refill it about 3 times during the work day.
  • MzStarrQueenB
    MzStarrQueenB Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm doing good at daily calories, exercise, and logging, but only getting in 4-5 glasses of water daily. Any suggestions on how you meet your daily water goal? Thanks Much!!!

I use Crystal light to go the grape and fruit punch are my fav. I also drink propel water I really like the berry.

If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8987-serious-diet-support-group
  • angelspirit2840
    Options
    I drink a glass of water everytime I eat a meal and after snacks. I use the lipton tea mixes in a 20 oz botttle f water also.
    and of course after Itake my daily meds and vitamins..
  • ewl6850
    ewl6850 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My Nalgene bottle is 32oz (4 cups), I drink one before lunch, one after lunch, and one after dinner.
  • funpilot56
    Options
    Take a measuring cup and put 1 cup of water in cup. Transfer to a glass and drink the whole glass counting the "gulps" it takes you to drink the entire glass (1 cup). EVERY time you drink water, drink that many "gulps". It takes me 6 "gulps" so if I am at a water fountain, drink out of a frozen gatorade bottle, from a glass, etc, I drink a cup of water and never (or rarely) go under 8 and usually drink 10 a day.