C25K NSV

Options
BlackKat75
BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
This morning I ran 20 minutes without stopping. I know that for some of you that might not seem like a big deal, but it's *huge* deal for me. The last time I ran so long was more than 8 years ago, when I weighed almost 20 pounds less than I do right now. Because this was the first day on C25K with uninterrupted running, I finally got to figure out my pace - 9:40 a mile, which I'm quite pleased with. Anyway, just wanted to brag a little :bigsmile:

Replies

• howens1027
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment, way to go!
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I'm at W2D1 of my C25K and am sucking wind after running 90 seconds. Not sure if I am dreading the week 5 run or am looking forward to it.
  • Sassybecky
    Options
    That is great! I am in week 4 of C25K and stoked to be running for 5 minutes straight... can't wait until I get where you are!
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME! I'm about to start it up again after getting to that week and then finding out I was pregnant in December 2011. My son is now 6 weeks old and I'm cleared to run again. It will be a slow start but I can't wait to be able to say I can run for 20 minutes straight! CONGRATS! : )
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I had exactly the same reaction when I finished the first 20 minute run!! I couldn't believe I could do it! Congratulations :drinker: The 22/25/28/30 minute runs only get easier from here on in :smile:
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    great work! I'm planning to start C25K after I finish the 30ds. Can't wait to have great results like this!
  • smwarehime
    smwarehime Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's exactly where I am...tonight is the night...I think I can, I think I can :) Congrats to you on completing the full 20 minute run and your time is great!!!!!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC! 20 minutes is a HUGE accomplishment!!
  • xxPEANUTxx
    Options
    Oh yay! congrats! =D
    I am also doing the c25k, I can't wait to be able to run fully without any breaks! ah
    yay you! =)
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    this is amazing!!

I am currently on W3 D2 and i am slightly scared for week 5 where there is non stop running!
  • futurestarz
    Options
    WOAH!!! Your time is awesome! I finished my 20 minute run a little over a week ago, and my pace was 12:45 or something like that. Congrats!
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm on week 8 after switching between C25K and Zombies, Run! Week 5 was definitely the most frightening and it gets better here on out.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I'm at W2D1 of my C25K and am sucking wind after running 90 seconds. Not sure if I am dreading the week 5 run or am looking forward to it.

I totally understand. Then I realized it was more psychological than physical. I was just as proud as the OP.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! You should be very proud of your accomplishment.
  • peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You absolutely should give yourself a much deserved pat on the back. That is one of many milestones you will log!
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    that is an awesome accomplishment!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! The distance will become easier and easier and the 'personal bests' will keep coming!
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! :) Congratulations! You should try out the Nike + running app. I have it and its a cool way to track your mileage and pace.
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    That is a huge deal :) WTG!! Just think how you'll feel when you do the final run! It's an amazing feeling!! I went from doubling over to catch my breath after a 30sec jog to completing the program, it's such an accomplishment! ( here's my blog on graduating : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BrunetteWife?month=201007 ) Great job again!!
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great job! I was up to 2.5 miles without stopping, when I twisted my ankle 2 weeks ago, and have not been able to run since. It is a great accomplishment. I am a cyclist and had a hard time getting started running. I was doing the c25k as well, just hoping I don't have to start all over again, once my ankle is healed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!