C25K NSV

Options

Replies

• HollyAus
    HollyAus Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I got way to intimidated by it the first time and quit :( But I'm passed it now! It does feel awesome

Keep it up!!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!
  • jennibell81
    Options
    I've just downloaded the app for my phone and can't wait to start!!....I just hope I can make it!!...lol
  • EricaRuns27
    EricaRuns27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! Congrats! 

I'm training for a half marathon and my pace is on average between 9:00-9:30/mile. Which I am extremely proud of! Keep up the good work, put on some good music and let the pavement take u away. It gets easier! . The mre and more I train for this half marathon, the more I see it's a mind thing, adding on the additional mikes each week.

Once again, way to go. Feel free to add me if u want some support on ur running journeys!!
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's fantastic!!! I am just starting c25k and I can fully appreciate your statement about uninterrupted running! That's a huge accomplishment! Be proud! :happy:
  • nuffexercise2012
    Options
    That's awesome way to go:drinker: :drinker: Started C25K last week, only got to W1D2.:cry: ...Restarting today:smile:
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!!! I start my 5th week today!! :)
  • Louiseisme
    Options
    Good job, I am on W2D1 and I have only ran when in school and was forced to run (over 25 years ago), not sure how far I'll get so kudo's on 20 min non stop.
  • jenniferrow
    Options
    That's awesome! So happy for you. I had the same reaction last week when I completed W5D3! Your time is impressive! Congrats!
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    This morning I ran 20 minutes without stopping. I know that for some of you that might not seem like a big deal, but it's *huge* deal for me. The last time I ran so long was more than 8 years ago, when I weighed almost 20 pounds less than I do right now. Because this was the first day on C25K with uninterrupted running, I finally got to figure out my pace - 9:40 a mile, which I'm quite pleased with. Anyway, just wanted to brag a little :bigsmile:

That is kickass!!!! And 9:40 is pretty damn good for anyone. Well done
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I'm at W2D1 of my C25K and am sucking wind after running 90 seconds. Not sure if I am dreading the week 5 run or am looking forward to it.

First off, well done to the original poster for the 20 minute run - I can't wait to get there! And in response to THIS individual reply, I just completed day 3 of week 2, but I had a break of TWO WEEKS between days 2 and 3, for a number of reasons. I was dreading going back to it today, thought it would be murder because I found day 2 to be quite hard. Today's run was actually more manageable than the others had been. I can't WAIT to be able to run for 20 minutes!
  • melbellkid
    Options
    Way to go. Id be thrilled to run 20 min straight and that time is really good. :)
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I remember the first time I hit 20 minutes straight - I swear I was smiling the whole day long. Great pace, too.....I'm slow, but hey, still moving!!
  • running_mum
    running_mum Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I'm at W2D1 of my C25K and am sucking wind after running 90 seconds. Not sure if I am dreading the week 5 run or am looking forward to it.

same here!! Bahahha
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I'm repeating W4 this week, cause I'm trying to move from the treadmill to outside so I'm running under actual 5k conditions. Turns out I go faster on pavement, and I managed a 15:00 mile! Not amazing for most, but huge for me! I haven't run in like... 15 years!
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've just finished W2, and am going to W3 soon. Anything below 10 min mile is great!!!
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the congratulations!

For all the people struggling with the early weeks, I'm cheering you on! I had to repeat Week 2 because I just felt like I couldn't keep up if I'd moved to Week 3. Don't worry about repeating - anything is faster than sitting on the couch!!
  • brewstar10
    brewstar10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm only on W1D3 but I was impressed with the noticible difference between the first two days. Day 1 I was gassed about halfway through, jogging fairly slow, and my walking breaks were not much more than a crawl. On day 2 (first day with my new Running shoes) I was jogging faster and more consistent, my walking breaks were much faster, and I sailed through it without much difficulty. Now, I know this is only the start of it but after day 1 I was convinced I wouldn't be able to do it. Now I think I might stand a pretty decent chance and am looking forward to my run days!
  • orangefour
    orangefour Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I can't even imagine running that long at this point. I just started the C25K yesterday and was dying doing one minute at a time. :blushing: I've never been a runner, even when I was at my lowest weight, but I want to change that. I can't wait until I can say I ran for 20 minutes straight! You go girl!
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!